Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Aye..a bit fearful of our trip there to be honest.

Think Brentford is the hardest of the three legged away trip. 

Villa the much improved but since the break, but have dropped points at home to Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester and Wolves.

Seen the final day fixtures?

Literally every game could have something riding on it.

Arsenal VS Wolves

Aston Villa VS Brighton

Brentford VS Man City

Chelsea VS Newcastle

Crystal Palace VS Nott'm Forest

Everton VS Bournemouth

Leeds VS Spurs

Leicester VS West Ham

Man Utd VS Fulham

Southampton VS Liverpool

25 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Even better is Toney avoided a booking meaning if he’s booked in either of his next 2 games he’s banned against us.

Really? That would be canny.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Think Brentford is the hardest of the three legged away trip. 

Villa the much improved but since the break, but have dropped points at home to Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester and Wolves.

We are much better away than at home, although in recent games he's started to improve us at home too.

The guy is doing a truly phenomenal job. 

26 points from 14 games - across a season that'd be 70 points, exceptional, and he's done it all with the same players Gerrard had, with Moreno added and with Ings taken out.

If we had a really prolific striker we'd be doing even better.

Worth noting that in that period he has completely changed the way we play, starting right from fundamentals - play out to feet from the keeper, hold on to the ball, pull opponents out of shape by using a bit of in game intelligence. 

Compare that with that fucking relic Gerrard. What a change.

Edited by brummie

Just to go over the FA Cup permutations in case it changes anyone's mindset with the upcoming Man City vs Burnley match.

If we finish 4th or 5th then the FA Cup is pretty irrelevant I believe. 4th would be Champions League, 5th would be Europa League.

If we finish 6th, then we would get Europa League football if a team in the top 5 won the FA Cup (most likely Man City or Man Utd). If a side below us (Brighton, Fulham, Burnley, Sheff U etc.) won then it would be Europa Conference League.

If we finish 7th, then we would get Europa Conference League if a top 6 side won the FA Cup (Man City, Man Utd, possibly Brighton in this scenario), but no Europe at all if a side below us won the FA Cup.

3 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Amazing to see almost the entire bottom half of the table within three points of relegation. (So happy not to be in that.)

I said similar the other day, thank fuck we are not involved in it this year too, it would be absolutely horrific,

It's a bit shit hoping a top side win all the cups, but clearly, if we were to finish 6th or 7th this season then it is in our best interest for a top team to win. It wouldn't be great if we finished 6th (where I'm personally thinking) and just ended up in the Europa Conference. I'd take it, but the Europa League would be so much better, so I'm hoping Man City win the FA Cup because I wouldn't really want Man Utd adding to their trophy tally this season, and they will likely be big faves for the Europa.

20 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Seen the final day fixtures?

Literally every game could have something riding on it.

Arsenal VS Wolves

Aston Villa VS Brighton

Brentford VS Man City

Chelsea VS Newcastle

Crystal Palace VS Nott'm Forest

Everton VS Bournemouth

Leeds VS Spurs

Leicester VS West Ham

Man Utd VS Fulham

Southampton VS Liverpool

I mean those fixtures could be any combination and you could say the same thing :lol:

They're not bombarding, but it does feel like a case of when Chelsea will score, not if, and when they do, the match will pretty much be over as a contest. As soon as they score, I'll be switching over to the FA Cup match.

Edited by Paullow