Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Newcastle United (23/10/2022)

BlueStar

3 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I think about this on a weekly basis and is my go to saying whenever someone misses a decent change :lol: 

It's a work of art.

I also like to remind myself that he shouted that in a quiet press box in the home stand. Id imagine those round him would have either shit themselves or pissed themselve laughing!

They really didn't create much, all this shit about "not taking their chances" Son was shooting outside the box directly to Pope. It's annoying me that people are mentioning how poor Tottenham were and not how great we dealt with everything. We really can beat anyone.

Not sure if it's been mentioned within the thread, but having seen a few mentions of Kane and his whining, I also wanted to give a shout out to Son, who was diving, agitating and whining throughout. Reminds me of how Solskjaer behaved on the pitch. All cheeky and smiley by reputation, absolute prick every time we played them.

10 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

NB am I alone in thinking the 'Bruno in the middle' song is complete wank? 

No.

I hate asking for it and getting carried away, if its to a naff chant so much more so

Re talking points for MNF, I'd rather stay under the radar

42 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

The best part was that if Lloris hadn't flopped he may have been able to prevent Wilson from scoring.

Dier could have gone back to the goal line and cleared it easily if he wasn't busy gesturing to the referee. Like the useless cunt he is.

A lot of people have been saying that we should have had a penalty before Kane’s goal. I don’t think we should have, it’s clearly just too close to him, however I don’t think Kane’s goal should have stood as it clearly comes off the offside attacker, and you can tell by how the ball changes spin.

35 minutes ago, Stifler said:

A lot of people have been saying that we should have had a penalty before Kane’s goal. I don’t think we should have, it’s clearly just too close to him, however I don’t think Kane’s goal should have stood as it clearly comes off the offside attacker, and you can tell by how the ball changes spin.

Kane's goal should have been ruled out as I think the ball hit the back of his teammates head.

Just now, Consortium of one said:

Kane's goal should have been ruled out as I think the ball hit the back of his teammates head.

was sutble but it did take a touch.

in a way though i am glad it didnt get disallowed.

conte and the meda would have had a field day.

but also i'm all for if its not clear and obvious, stick with the ref's decision.

They didn't deserve their goal, regardless of whether it was legal. Nick Pope had very little to do in the second half.

Also, I can think of twice when we were breaking on the counter when they cynically pulled players down (Miggy and Wood).

Who were the shithouses?

2 hours ago, PRL said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned within the thread, but having seen a few mentions of Kane and his whining, I also wanted to give a shout out to Son, who was diving, agitating and whining throughout. Reminds me of how Solskjaer behaved on the pitch. All cheeky and smiley by reputation, absolute prick every time we played them.

How many times is it that Tottenham's media chums have had to roll out the "Not that type of player" lie after Son has very seriously injured someone with an absolute shocker of a deliberately dangerous tackle?

I completely agree with you that behind Son's 'cheeky chappie' persona is an absolute shithouse of a player. At least Harry Kane has the courage to act like a complete cunt off the pitch, as well on it, both for club and country.

31 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I thought I was losing my mind or had the Newcastle goggles on, as it was clear that the ball touched the Tottenham player before it reached Kane.  

Even if it doesn't it's still offside because he's basically dummying it, the keeper has to react as if he's going to make contact which helps Kane in the end, so he's impacting the play either way. I thought we had a decent chance of getting that call.

Edited by Miercoles

If we had scored the Kane goal they would be moaning, another lucky Newcastle goal. 

Strange how many teams come up against us suddenly have a bad game and it's never us playing great and making them look shit.

2 hours ago, 1964 said:

I thought I was losing my mind or had the Newcastle goggles on, as it was clear that the ball touched the Tottenham player before it reached Kane.  

I've watched it loads, rewound it a plenty and it isn't clear like.