Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Newcastle United (23/10/2022)

BlueStar

How is it so unanimously not a penalty?  If Big Joe goes to shoot and gets his leg blocked off, is that not a foul?  Surprised it was just immediately dismissed by everyone, I suspect Kane would get a penalty for that 9 times out of 10...

Just now, Chrisjraby said:

How is it so unanimously not a penalty?  If Big Joe goes to shoot and gets his leg blocked off, is that not a foul?  Surprised it was just immediately dismissed by everyone, I suspect Kane would get a penalty for that 9 times out of 10...

I dismissed it after seeing the reply. Not a pen to me.

Just now, Chrisjraby said:

Cos that's not what happened.  Joe took a heavy touch, stuck his leg out sideways in front of the defender and fell over.

Just now, andyman said:

One of those situations where I would be VERY relieved if not given as a penalty against us.

The difference is that the top team will normally be given that on the field and VAR wouldnt be able to overturn it. VERY rarely does the smaller team get the on field decision as the ref relies on VAR to correct them