Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa - 29/10/22 @ 3:00pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Tough match but pretty confident. The players appear to have come through these 3 games relatively unscathed and will have time to recover for a few days.

We’re missing key attackers but still scoring goals and rock solid at the back and St James is a fortress thesedays. Might even have Maxi back on the bench as an option.

Do we still slip on banana skins? Because this has all the signs of one in waiting. 7 points from three games which we would have all probably been absolutely delighted with 4 points from. 

I don’t think we do. Assuming we’re not overly leggy, or at least no more so than Villa (they’ve had three games in ten days, three in seven for us) we’ll have done the work on how to approach this. Both teams will have had a six day gap, which should enable us to regroup and recuperate. Dizzy heights of 24 points from 13 games (1.85 ppg 😃) seems very likely. 

Just now, duo said:

Could be tricky if Emery joins - unable to scout how he'll have them play

His teams have always played the same style, Villa will be no different. They will try and counter, will be a really tricky game.

I'd like to urge caution. Villa are on a high and they will come out of the traps against us, they also have some dangerous players.

Having Maxi on the bench would be a huge bonus. Would give us a real edge in the second half.

I'm happy with how things are going, so let's just remain unbeaten please.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Emery won’t be in charge for it 

9 hours ago, Dokko said:

Emery would be interesting after turning us down and us going on to better things. Bet he swerves his 1st game being against us.

3-0. The crowd will be well up for this. Howe will have us totally drilled and a game plan in place. Villa won’t. Players playing as individuals doesn’t work against us like it did against Brentford. 

Edited by cubaricho

Aaron Danks will take charge of Aston Villa at Newcastle United this weekend.

Unai Emery will start working next week as he waits for his work permit to come through.

That'll do me 

Ooo if we beat these and then beat Southampton and Palace, which all are bottom half of table teams currently and it's fair to say we should expect to be beating, not that it means we will.

That would put us on 30 points at the WC break, what a strong position that would be going into the rest of the season. No reason we can't achieve that, and just imagine going into Jan transfer window in in the top 4... as unlikely as it sounds never forget Leicester won the league.

Probably just getting hyped by all the success currently on and off the pitch, but fuck me we're good, finally! I can't help but look at the upcoming games and think so many of them are winnable and we will be favourites to win those games, 5 of the next 6 are against bottom half teams currently, with some of those like Leicester and Leeds having bad starts.

13 hours ago, gjohnson said:

On form alone there shouldn't be anything to fear. However this is Newcastle....always capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

0-0

eh?