Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa - 29/10/22 @ 3:00pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

We are a better team, in great form and at home. No reason at all why we shouldn't be fully confident here regardless who is in charge of them. 

Villa being up for it and going for it abit more plays into our hands if anything. 

Only Man City and Liverpool have beaten us in the league at SJP under Howe and the former was before January. 

Villa have only won up here twice in the PL, the latest of which was in April 2005. On both occasions we finished the match with fewer than 11 players. The last time they beat us in a match at SJP that finished 11v11 was in April 1989.

It'll be a tough game but if we have any aspirations of European football it's a fixture we should be winning.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

26 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

So we're not allowed to predict anything other than a win now are we? :lol:

Why waste your time predicting shit that ain't gonna happen? We're mint. It's another win. 

Yeah it'll be a lot harder to scout against their caretaker manager than Emery. 

If Emery was in charge you know Eddie would be watching every PSG, Arsenal and Villareal game from the last 6 years [emoji38]

Edited by Scotty66

We’ve absolutely nothing to be afraid of. The league table doesn’t lie. We’re a good team now and ultra hard to break down.

Villa have some good players but almost a full season accumulatively of Gerrard wrecking their careers won’t get fixed overnight.

Clean sheet and 2/3 goals. We could be third if Bournemouth do us a favour.

And imagine, Maxi and Isak to come into the team when we’re fully fit.

They will pose a threat on the counter with some quick players, that Bailey finally looked useful last game. 

But I'm glad our lads can have almost a full week to recover after the busy schedule. Expected changes but with the way we are playing, it could easily be the same 11 again now they were able to grab a rest.

Think it could well be a close affair a la Everton score wise. Reckon we’ll score but they do have some half decent players.

Saying that Wilson gets in Mings bonce and  nabs an early goal and they’ll probably fall apart but it’ll be interesting to see if they go for it as they did against Brentford. It’s an totally free hit for Aaron Wanks.

I have a lot of time for Danny Ings, I think he's the closest thing to Wilson in the league, good finisher, deceptively strong for his size, and the instincts to make sharp incisive runs. Mentally tough too. Does he score often against us or was it just that overhead kick?

I've just watched the 4-0 vs Brentford highlights and didn't see much of note. Brentford conceded a sucker-punch short corner routine in the second minute, and that changes the whole game state. Nice to see a penalty given for a shirt pull in the box, but it was no different to the one on Dan Burn at Old Trafford.

4 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

We’ve absolutely nothing to be afraid of. The league table doesn’t lie. We’re a good team now and ultra hard to break down.

Villa have some good players but almost a full season accumulatively of Gerrard wrecking their careers won’t get fixed overnight.

Clean sheet and 2/3 goals. We could be third if Bournemouth do us a favour.

And imagine, Maxi and Isak to come into the team when we’re fully fit.

And then the January window! :indi:

48 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Don't think he's back before the WC?

I don’t think anyone knows for sure as they’re just monitoring the hamstring in training. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back in some capacity before the World Cup even if it’s just coming off the bench. The game at Saints, cup game and Chelsea are probably more realistic though but it’d be great just to have him coming off the bench in a few games.