Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 6/11/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

If we win this I'll be a true believer like. Going into the WC in or on the cusp of the top 4 should be massive ahead of January 

This is it. If we're there or there abouts come the restart then it'll open up more options in the next window. So exciting to think about, trying not to get carried away.

We're better than these and should win - going for 2-1.

As I say every week I feel that every game will be tough in its own way and I don’t like predicting scores. 

All I know is that the team will go out with a plan and try and win the game and that’s all that I can ask for. 

Eddie Howes Newcastle United. You’ve got to love it.

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

If we win this I'll be a true believer like. Going into the WC in or on the cusp of the top 4 should be massive ahead of January 

You need a win against this shite to truly believe? We just got 16 points in October and we're eight ahead of Liverpool, man. :lol:

If we happen to get a poor result, it's just a bump in the road; we're very much in the top 4 race. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. 

Don't delay, KI. Believe it now.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

You need a win against this shite to truly believe? We just got 16 points in October and we're eight ahead of Liverpool, man. :lol:

If we happen to get a poor result, it's just a bump in the road; we're very much in the top 4 race. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. 

Don't delay, KI. Believe it now.

I meant the title race.

Nah, but playing away to a team we've historically struggled against without Joelinton? That's absolutely my litmus test. :lol: Football is chaos, we should never forget that. For every Spurs away there's a Bournemouth at home.

I'm much more confident about Chelsea at home.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I meant the title race.

Nah, but playing away to a team we've historically struggled against without Joelinton? That's absolutely my litmus test. :lol: Football is chaos, we should never forget that. For every Spurs away there's a Bournemouth at home.

We've only lost to Southampton once, behind closed doors under Bruce, since promotion in 2017.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We've only lost to Southampton once, behind closed doors under Bruce, since promotion in 2017.

Away to them it's a very mixed bag. Until recently we hadn't won there since 2004. Just saying it's a big test without Joelinton

Predicting Howes line ups is impossible but don't rule out changes for this one, in order to save some legs for Palace and Chelsea.

Murphy will come in for Big Joe, which means he will play vs Palace.

The point is, Howe won't be putting in some sort of second string against Palace. He will be treating it like a PL game IMO.

Hi All, 

This is probably not the right thread, but I’m looking at booking a 1 week trip to the UK next week from Oz. I’ve got a week off work and want to get to some games with my dad, while he’s fit and healthy and the toon are doing well. 3 games in a week looks tasty. How easy is it to get tickets to Southampton (away end), Palace and Chelsea? Are there any legit second hand ticket websites? I don’t mind paying more than normal prices. Some help would be much appreciated! 

11 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Hi All, 

This is probably not the right thread, but I’m looking at booking a 1 week trip to the UK next week from Oz. I’ve got a week off work and want to get to some games with my dad, while he’s fit and healthy and the toon are doing well. 3 games in a week looks tasty. How easy is it to get tickets to Southampton (away end), Palace and Chelsea? Are there any legit second hand ticket websites? I don’t mind paying more than normal prices. Some help would be much appreciated! 

We have a separate part of the forum for tickets mate but pretty sure Palace tickets are still on sale.

Sorry: Palace tickets sold out 

Edited by STM