Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 6/11/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Would take a point and here and would be over the moon to go into the WC with only 1 defeat so far.  An excellent starting position when the league resumes after a little it of sensible transfer work mixed in. 

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Agree tbf. Good thing he's out of this one for them.

Strikes me as a Howe type player too. They have some decent players on their day, I quite like Livramento (who's injured), Salisu can be pretty good when he's up for it, Che Adams has a decent engine, recall him playing well against us last year. I believe Romeo Lavia is an upcoming talent too (got him from City). There's some quality there, but will probably flirt with relegation this year.

13 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Id be surprised if it’s not Murphy with 30 mins of ASM if required. Then can see ASM starting the cup game and the Chelsea game.

I'd hope ASM doesn't need to be in the Palace game. Fraser needs those minutes, he's barely played the last few games. I'd only want to use ASM in that game if we were chasing the game in the last 20 minutes or so.

Save him for a start against Chelsea.

14 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Id be surprised if it’s not Murphy with 30 mins of ASM if required. Then can see ASM starting the cup game and the Chelsea game.

I reckon that’s pretty much what will

happened. Get 25-30 mins Sunday, start the cup game and get 60 mins then start Chelsea. A fit Maxi v Chelsea would make all the difference.

I would much rather see maxi on from the start. He is a huge threat to any team and it would change their outlook on the game if they have to cope with both Miggy and Maxi on either side of Calum.

The only downside to playing maxi is that we haven´t got big Joe in the middle cleaning up behind him...

I would like to see:

------------------Pope------------------

tripps-----Schar-----Botman------burn

---Willock------Longstaff-----Bruno---

-Miggy--------Calum---------Maxi---

Bring on shelvey for willock and Fraser for maxi  second half when we are a couple of goals up.