Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

24 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Crazy thread on what's happening at Cardiff. 

Hard to argue that people like this cunt and the likes of Mike Ashley are worse for football and their respective clubs than what the Man City owners have done.

58 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Crazy thread on what's happening at Cardiff. 

I’m guessing overall he’s a terrible owner without knowing many details but I’ve still a soft spot for him after the Malky  MacKay episode 🙂

4 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Amongst the replies to the mad Eddie Howe flag with Bobby on is multiple mackems saying "you spat on him". I did a little google to read about these mass spitting incidents. One of the top results is just RTG repeating it. What's the story here?

He was once spat at up here when England manager after dropping the recently signed Kevin Keegan. Mackem folklore has it that it wasn't an isolated incident and that he was covered head to foot in spit after every game when he managed us. Plus the bit in Niall Quinns autobiog about being spat at by a Sunderland fan when playing for them is an obvious lie.

11 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Amongst the replies to the mad Eddie Howe flag with Bobby on is multiple mackems saying "you spat on him". I did a little google to read about these mass spitting incidents. One of the top results is just RTG repeating it. What's the story here?

I believe it did happen, but not the mass spitting they made it out to be, maybe one or two fans at most. It was in the early 80s when Robson became England manager and dropped Kevin Keegan from the england squad, then an NUFC player.

Still unacceptable (the spitting) but not the huge incident they make it out to be, and they all probably think/believe it happened just before he was sacked as manager here.

Edited by TK-421

6 minutes ago, madras said:

He was once spat at up here when England manager after dropping the recently signed Kevin Keegan. Mackem folklore has it that it wasn't an isolated incident and that he was covered head to foot in spit after every game when he managed us. Plus the bit in Niall Quinns autobiog about being spat at by a Sunderland fan when playing for them is an obvious lie.

And obviously Bob Murray wasn't glassed by a Sunderland fan either, that's a mag conspiracy 

1 hour ago, Superior Acuña said:

I read one of them “we respect him more”, coming from the fanbase that sang about him being senile and how it’s a beautiful day to spend a Saturday watching Bobby Robson pass away.

The phrase “ashamed of nothing, offended by everything” is apt for the scruffy bastards. 

29 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

'pick up' for a signing or transfer is infinitely worse imo, fucking hate it. 

Don't think I've noticed that before but no doubt I'll be seeing it everywhere now and want to poke my eyes out, cheers [emoji38]

Just now, gjohnson said:

How so? A rival losing one of their best players for 6-8 weeks sounds pretty handy.  Unless you mean Spurs when you say 'us'

Think his point is Lloris is shite