Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

It’s great to see the reactions by all and sundry about scrapping the FA Cup replays – disgraceful decision. Not only have they been a huge money spinner for lower league clubs but they have also given players, managers, fans etc a great day out at a stadium that they're never likely to see their team play at in the league!

Matches on terrestrial TV

Replays

Semis at neutral grounds (wasn’t the reason for them being at Wembley to pay off the stadium costs? I think this will be the 17th year that they’ve been there! Another load of shite)

Final last game of the season at 3pm on the Saturday

Simple.

I'm seeing Tierney has struggled with injuries this season. That was the reason why we were a bit sceptical about him on here. Kind of glad we didn't go for him, assuming that Hall can become something in the future.

Assuming that he's telling the truth, that should be the end of "why did they let him go?" and "they've made a mistake" statements. He knew Palmer was good. Maybe they could've gotten more, but they probably also didn't want to force him to stay just because they didn't get a bit more. Clubs are not realistically going to pay more than that for a player who has barely played.

Edited by Erikse

8 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Assuming that he's telling the truth, that should be the end of "why did they let him go?" and "they've made a mistake" statements. He knew Palmer was good. Maybe they could've gotten more, but they probably also didn't want to force him to stay just because they didn't get a bit more. Clubs are not realistically going to pay more than that for a player who has barely played.

He said it at the time. He scored in both the Super Cup & Carling Cup final. Pep said Palmer would get minutes but inferred if they got a good enough offer - it would be Palmer's decision.

Pep operates a "no sad faces" policy. If players want to leave, they go. Palmer wanted more minutes than he thought he would get so he left.

The real issue is that Palmer got so few minutes last season and wasn't necessarily in-line to get the minutes he wanted this season.

The big mistake City made was the no buyback clause but I think they should be outlawed anyway. Same thing with % fo next transfer fees for clubs that finish above the buying club.

30 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Vitesse have been docked 18 points, puts them on -1 for the season, which means they'll be relegated. Seems like a mixture of dodgy accounting, running at a big deficit & potentially still linked to Abramovich. 

I know we’ll eventually participate but the multi club model is rancid.