Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

52 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Shearer did a documentary for the bbc in football and dementia, where they uncovered that there isn’t much difference between modern day footballs and ones from the past. Pitches, boots, training and nutrition, no doubt change the game to a huge degree. Was funny to see Keegan drinking a full glass bottle of milk, in an interview after he scored that hat trick in the 74 cup final

I mean, that's manifestly untrue. I haven't seen the documentary, but I assume they mean in terms of impact upon the head and brain, which might be right. But in terms of the weight, the ability to manipulate it, make it's flight curve, and even in terms of water absorption, they very different.

I agree players from different eras would have adapted of course. But I was just thinking about Botman and his effortless flicks for distributing the ball, and sending the ball out across for Trippier to trap.  Those actions would require very different body shapes to achieve similar efficiency in the past.

10 hours ago, Barnes23 said:

Reminds me of T in the Park, iirc 2013, in King Tits. 

Kid's launching pints of piss to the front of them. One landed on us so, as you do, I marched back through the throng to confront the dirty cunts only to find it was my, then tenent, and his pals. He actually threw it as well. 

Obvs he was very apologetic, to the point of varnigh crying, the little wanker, so I let it go with a tongue lashing. 

Got a call of his lass later adding her apologies for what it was worth. 

Hazards of festivals. 

I wouldn't mind but I think it was Alt-J.

Hardly fucking radge. 

Was hoping that shithouse with the sky blue shirt on was gonna get sparked clean out there. Young lad trying to stop him hoying digs at women and he sparks him ffs

The lad recording as well ffs🙈 wooah woooah woooah

4 hours ago, jack j said:

Was hoping that shithouse with the sky blue shirt on was gonna get sparked clean out there. Young lad trying to stop him hoying digs at women and he sparks him ffs

As well as braying some young lad with a crutch until it's bent, then sparking some woman out, fuuuuuck :lol:

Edited by Elric

4 hours ago, jack j said:

Aye. Worth a knock on the door from Northumbria