Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Not sure who has the kind of money to invest in a football club like Man U. I mean they’ll be looking for what 5/6 billion. Never mind what it’ll then take to compete. 

I can see them selling some of their stock but remaining involved. 

33 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Death of a club right there if true. They’ll sink like a stone in the grand scheme of things.

The Qataris are looking to sell a minority share of the club, not it all. Don’t understand that mind. 

It’s pure economics, the way certain clubs have been operating in terms of wage structure is just not sustainable when they are not reaching the targets on the pitch.

PSG could spend another billion and still be nowhere nearer winning the Chanpions League. Liverpool broke the bank to keep Salah and they can’t afford it.. plus it might also have upset the squad a bit.

Saudi (PIF) will continue investing but it will remain sensible and sustainable. We might have a player earning £200k a week but certainly not 500.. but that’s fine, the stability will become attractive to top players rather than basket case clubs with no plan but who offer the moon

3 hours ago, Likelylad said:

Not sure who has the kind of money to invest in a football club like Man U. I mean they’ll be looking for what 5/6 billion. Never mind what it’ll then take to compete. 

I can see them selling some of their stock but remaining involved. 

Manchester United don’t need a wealthy benefactor to pump a load of money in. Just someone that won’t take a load of money out.

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Manchester United don’t need a wealthy benefactor to pump a load of money in. Just someone that won’t take a load of money out.

Don't they have a load of debt in bonds that limit the earning potential, i.e. the Glaziers created a huge amount of bonds, trousered the cash and then mortgaged the bonds against the club? Might be hard to turn a profit if that's the case. I think it's more likely that the Glazers will sell a stake in the club to finance the debt, before looking to shift the rest for a low price.

Grim if you are a Man U fan. Delicious if you aren't.

5 hours ago, duo said:

Newcastle being bought has caused a ripple affect

Definitely an effect imo. Our takeover, Man City's riches with Guardiola signing a new contract, COVID's financial impact, the failure of the Super League and subsequent fan protests about it have led to this imo, from both Man Utd and Liverpool.

Liverpool's case is more to do with their team aging imo though, Salah will be 31 at the end of this season, Mane's gone, they still haven't replaced Wijnaldum, etc.

But I do think our takeover has had a fair effect here.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

5 hours ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Grim if you are a Man U fan. Delicious if you aren't.

You haven't been paying attention whatsoever if you think the Glazers leaving or even reducing their stake is grim for a Manchester United fan. :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You haven't been paying attention whatsoever if you think the Glazers leaving or even reducing their stake is grim for a Manchester United fan. :lol: 

Fan yeah. What about as a club though?

Not every club has the upside of fucking off Mike Ashley. 

9 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Nah that’s a fair point. 
Interesting to see who comes in for them with Man U, Liverpool and supposedly PSG all up for sale. 

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Man U "poet" on GMB haranguing the Glazers. 

I'm bemused why they're miffed tbh. 

They've spent a fortune, just badly in the end. 

I guess they're just a richer Ellis Short but reached the same conclusion. 

Because they have made terrible football decisions and taken a billion out the club. They could have done so much with that even if it was just putting money in to the local community, it would have been better than in the Glazers hands.