Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Saw Mark Crossley and Bruce Grobelaar at a sporting dinner last night. 

Crossley was actually really funny and had some great Clough stories. 

Grobelaar was on for an eternity and whilst he had some good stories and was funny at times. He was a bit dull in comparison. Which is odd, seeing as he’s mad as a box of frogs. 

On 09/12/2022 at 10:54, Lush Vlad said:

Saw Mark Crossley and Bruce Grobelaar at a sporting dinner last night. 

Crossley was actually really funny and had some great Clough stories. 

Grobelaar was on for an eternity and whilst he had some good stories and was funny at times. He was a bit dull in comparison. Which is odd, seeing as he’s mad as a box of frogs. 

Crossley (or "Shithouse" as Cloughy nicknamed him) is hilarious. His Undr the Cosh podcast is one of the best ones.

5 hours ago, Pilko said:

Crossley (or "Shithouse" as Cloughy nicknamed him) is hilarious. His Undr the Cosh podcast is one of the best ones.

That story about clough turn out for his Sunday league team was mint

Going to the Leeds match on New Years eve and the Wylam Brewery New Years Eve bash thing. The missus and the rest of our group have a taxi booked from ours for 6:15pm. Should I:

A) Go to the match in some sort of weird hybrid outfit fit for both occasions & stay in town and just walk over to Wylam Brewery to meet them. 

B) Leg it to the metro on the final whistle to get back to North Shields hopefully with enough time to change before the taxi arrives.

VOTE!

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

How posh do you need to dress for Wylam Brewery? Would've thought jeans and some sort of regulation top would work for both :lol:

This is the debate my partner and I had that prompted me to think about this a little more. She reckons I should at least be wearing a nice shirt. I'd be fine with rocking up in toon top over a hoodie.

• Raine are aiming for a sale in the first quarter of 2023 at a price between £6bn and £7bn (but this is probably bluster - realistic timeline is likely to be much longer and realistic price somewhat lower)
  • Amazon rumoured to have some interest, but failed BSkyB bid in 1999 might scare away media companies
  • Apple not interested at all
  • Clothing company Zara not interested at all
  • Serious offers to Raine are yet to materialise
  • It is not thought that any nation states will come forward with an offer. The view in Qatar is that Premier League clubs are now too expensive and most of their value has already been extracted. Dubai are focussed on tourism (and Al Maktoum is a Liverpool fan), Bahrain are focussed on F1 and their economy is struggling, Kuwait and Oman don't have any interest
  • US-based consortium is reckoned to be the most likely potential investors, possibly acquiring a minority stake at the club initially if the outright price is too high

From the Man U forum.

With Liverpool also being up for sale, who is actually going to buy either of these clubs? Can't see a sale going through any time soon for either of them. 

Edited by Joey47

17 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Him - and Shilton for Derby, in 1988 - terrific :thup:

I remember the Shilton one. I always thought he was over rated but fantastic that day. There was  a Nigel Batch at Grimsby years ago who just had one of those games up here and I remember Jack Butland having a stormer a few years back.