Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

7 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I must admit. At least they’re protesting properly. 

Who can ever forget ‘support da team and not da regime man’

They weren’t even the worst sub section of the fan base sadly. Those who physically threatened and intimidated those who dared to want better don’t deserve the club they have now

1 hour ago, christ said:

The Everton stadium situation does seem suspect as fuck to me. They’re building it on the assumption they’ll get enough investment to finish it, and they’re on the hook from Liverpool Council to return the site to normal should they not. 

How does that even get the green light though, should be either you have the dosh to proceed or you don't.

I’m far from liking Everton and their fans, I had an irrational hatred of them ages ago, long before the rest of our fans did, however they do have reasons to be concerned. If they go down they do not have any real sellable assets to build a team. Anyone they do sell would go towards the stadium project.

They have had investment, but as others have said, it’s been wasted. It’s rather like Sunderland, they would give high loan payment fee’s or buy players who had long peaked and were mostly average at best when they were at their peak. They have also spent millions after millions jumping from 1 manager to another.

There is a real threat that if they go down, then they don’t come back for quite a while.

They would come out of it looking much better if they never had the attitude of thinking they have an automatic right to be in the Premier League and higher up it. If they hadn’t hounded managers out before they were even appointed. If they weren’t trying to wake every hotel guest up in the city in pathetic attempts to disrupt the away teams. If they hadn’t done an Adam P special and placed obstacles in the road so players can’t get away.

8 minutes ago, Heron said:

How does that even get the green light though, should be either you have the dosh to proceed or you don't.

That’s not how business works though.

You can’t get investment (credit) until you have viable proposal.

Right now in Newcastle, the council has sold off land at the Ouseburn to a developer promising that they will build a wheel (Wye aye wheel). If they can’t build it then they have to surrender the land to the council.

The council has also had to pay for a hotel behind central station because the developer went bust and the liability then fell on the council.

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Right now in Newcastle, the council has sold off land at the Ouseburn to a developer promising that they will build a wheel (Wye aye wheel). If they can’t build it then they have to surrender the land to the council.

The council has also had to pay for a hotel behind central station because the developer went bust and the liability then fell on the council.

Fair dues. Find that a mad way of working like. :lol:

9 hours ago, Stifler said:

I’m far from liking Everton and their fans, I had an irrational hatred of them ages ago, long before the rest of our fans did, however they do have reasons to be concerned. If they go down they do not have any real sellable assets to build a team. Anyone they do sell would go towards the stadium project.

They have had investment, but as others have said, it’s been wasted. It’s rather like Sunderland, they would give high loan payment fee’s or buy players who had long peaked and were mostly average at best when they were at their peak. They have also spent millions after millions jumping from 1 manager to another.

There is a real threat that if they go down, then they don’t come back for quite a while.

They would come out of it looking much better if they never had the attitude of thinking they have an automatic right to be in the Premier League and higher up it. If they hadn’t hounded managers out before they were even appointed. If they weren’t trying to wake every hotel guest up in the city in pathetic attempts to disrupt the away teams. If they hadn’t done an Adam P special and placed obstacles in the road so players can’t get away.

No one will pay them the money Chelsea offered for Clare Balding last summer. Missed a trick flogging a now benched player. Then again they’d have probably spent the proceeds on more Maupay’s and McNeil’s.

9 hours ago, Stifler said:

god I hope the why aye wheel falls through, apocalyptically terrible idea, or am I alone on that? Just think will be a horrible eyesore. 

All good points on Everton. For the record very good mate who watched a lot of sports with is a big Everton fan and watched a few games with him in past so I alone it seems actually have a slight soft spot for them as a team, but boy it has been difficult not to laugh recently. He is basically me last season under Bruce now. 

Edited by Tiresias

24 minutes ago, Holloway said:

How big is the clean sheets thing becoming this season, fucking massive 

Sky has been telling me since I was 15 that Newcastle fans would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0 so I, for one, am livid.

2 hours ago, Holloway said:

How big is the clean sheets thing becoming this season, fucking massive 

From nufc.com:

fifth successive top-flight league clean sheet - something never achieved by a Magpies side in the entire history of the club.

Seems mental that.

35 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

A few Manure fans not overly convinced by Ratcliffe.

The guy is based in Monaco yet flies over every other week to watch Chelsea play despite saying he’s a Man Utd fan.

Also a lot of their fans on Twitter just realise that he doesn’t have the money to compete with us or Man City. They want an Arab state to buy them.

Isn't the whole thing with Man United not that they don't need an Arab state to compete? That their profitability can comfortably fund them to the same level as them? After all, they've had the Glazer's pilfering money out yet have still spent just as much as anyone.

On 15/01/2023 at 10:02, Stifler said:

I've had a perfectly rational hatred of them since the early 70's,  Their fans spat on us and I'm talking elderly men, That sent youngsterd to ask us the time to identify us as Geordies before going for the "big" lads.  Scum 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Isn't the whole thing with Man United not that they don't need an Arab state to compete? That their profitability can comfortably fund them to the same level as them? After all, they've had the Glazer's pilfering money out yet have still spent just as much as anyone.

Correct. They just need to be run properly to be a force again.

On 15/01/2023 at 10:12, Stifler said:

Its not quite the same though is it?

Councils selling land to a company but through a deferred payment scheme with a surrender clause is pretty common place, and earns the council a few quid in interest. My Uni has just completed on such a deal where we took on 10 plots of land back in 2015 and have just completed an onward sale of the last plots to a developer, money goes to the council rather than us but we get a piece of the development. we had to surrender 2 plots back as well last year.

Spending 10s of millions of pounds on partly building a stadium on the assumption of investment coming in and with a penalty clause of returning the land to its previous use is a whole different ball game of risk. The only way I see that being viable to the club is if it was cash financed by the owner and any investment money goes straight back to them and not the club