Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

48 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

He was one of the better players that season :lol:. A hell of a lot better than Danny 'came here for the fish & chips' Rose.  

Had totally forgot Rose played for us. I think he'd had a few too many trips to the chippy. 

9 hours ago, TheGuv said:

A perfect example as to why we shouldn’t change ours. It would just end up looking circular and shit

Didn’t Man City used to have a circular logo. A couple of our previous logo’s were circular, both of them admired by fans. If it’s done right then there isn’t a problem. I guess Brummie could tell me, but I don’t think Villa have had a circular logo on the past. The shield type one is more them.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Didn’t Man City used to have a circular logo. A couple of our previous logo’s were circular, both of them admired by fans. If it’s done right then there isn’t a problem. I guess Brummie could tell me, but I don’t think Villa have had a circular logo on the past. The shield type one is more them.

image.thumb.jpeg.0c5b5eda5196cbfa10973db7a3be4ae0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d9c41314f65191021dcab8233196cbd3.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The standard 'template' circular one we had in the late 70s is easily the worst we've ever had, mind. The NUFC one was at least unique. 

Different subject but have mentioned before that I'd love to see the current Newcastle United font on the East Stand replaced with something that isn't Sports Direct and the four badges emblazoned next to it (two at either side).

Forgot about this. Hadn't missed much.

22/23 title changes.

FULHAM 2-1 Brighton

TOTTENHAM 2-1 Fulham

ARSENAL 3-1 Tottenham

August 1992 to date:

23 times: Chelsea, Man Utd

22 times: Liverpool

20 times: Tottenham

18 times: Everton, Man City

17 times: ARSENAL, Newcastle, West Ham

11 times: Aston Villa

10 times: Blackburn, Fulham

9 times: Middlesbrough

8 times : Southampton

7 times: Bolton, Leicester

6 times: Sheff Wed, West Brom

5 titles: Coventry, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Swansea, Watford

4 titles: Brighton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Leeds, Wimbledon

3 titles: Birmingham, Norwich, Preston

2 titles: Bradford, QPR, Sheff Utd, Wigan, Wolves

1 title: Barnsley, Bournemouth, Brentford, Cardiff, Charlton, Crewe, Gillingham, Grimsby, Huddersfield, Hull, Nottingham Forest, Preston, Stockport

REIGNING CHAMPIONS: ARSENAL

Is it just me or do most managers no longer wear a suit or club tracksuit?

So many of them now just seem to wear jeans, jumpers, whatever the fuck they want on the touch line. 

Did Pep start this off? Marsch does it, so does Cooper. Im sure there’s plenty of others. I think it just looks shite. If you want to dress down, put something with the club crest on surely?

16 hours ago, gbandit said:

Why does this happen every single time? Do they wheel the same sculptor out?

Tbf Jackie's in Ashington is pretty decent. Very decent, truth be told. 

Shout out to MP Ian Lavery's youngun, Councillor Liam instrumental in its commission, iirc

FB_IMG_1667733173014.jpg

FB_IMG_1667733180957.jpg

55 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

So many of them now just seem to wear jeans, jumpers, whatever the fuck they want on the touch line. 

Did Pep start this off? Marsch does it, so does Cooper. Im sure there’s plenty of others. I think it just looks shite. If you want to dress down, put something with the club crest on surely?

Get ya tongue out of Guardiola's arse 👅😝

Cloughie occasionally dressed like a tramp. 

26 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Tbf Jackie's in Ashington is pretty decent. Very decent, truth be told. 

Shout out to MP Ian Lavery's youngun, Councillor Liam instrumental in its commission, iirc

FB_IMG_1667733173014.jpg

FB_IMG_1667733180957.jpg

Yeah that's great. The Jackie Milburn one's class, as is the MLK statue at Newcastle Uni, so the right people are out there. Our SBR and Shearer ones could be worse, but they're not great like.

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Howe says hello in full NUFC gear :lol: I’ve only seen him in our stuff or black suit. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah that's great. The Jackie Milburn one's class, as is the MLK statue at Newcastle Uni, so the right people are out there. Our SBR and Shearer ones could be worse, but they're not great like.

I often wonder why it is statue making seems to have become a dying art. I don't remember seeing any shit ones that were made before I was born, but nowadays, they pretty much all are.

But yeah, I remember thinking that Jackie Milburn one is the best new one I've seen in a long time.

On 04/11/2022 at 17:39, HaydnNUFC said:

Option 2, easily. Was their crest in the 80s/early 90s iirc. Guessing that you'd agree? @brummie

Absolutely.

I am of the age where that round badge makes me think of winning a league title, a European cup and two league cups in 7 years*, so definitely. I think this vote will go on age lines. Won't mean anything to the kids.

* although relegation in 1987, not so good

6 hours ago, brummie said:

Absolutely.

I am of the age where that round badge makes me think of winning a league title, a European cup and two league cups in 7 years*, so definitely. I think this vote will go on age lines. Won't mean anything to the kids.

* although relegation in 1987, not so good

thought that was actually pretty cool video and the designs look nice. 

having thought about ours more, I have 0 desire to change our badge - I could probably get on board with just redrawing it a bit for digital but not the hill I’d die on. Ours is fucking gorgeous. 

20 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Pep is a couple of games away from turning up 15 minutes late in a vest, shorts and sliders, drinking a massive Slush.