Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace: 9/11/22 @ 19:45 - League Cup (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Been looking forward to this for a while, didn't expect to have other priorities like a 6pointer against Chelsea, was expecting to take a couple draws this week and win this. The proposed changes are actually adding interest. Manqi, Targett and Wood for definite. Would like to give ASM at least a half - don't know which. Get Jo's beasting up to match speed with a start.

Wonder what sort of changes Palace will make cos they can fancy this cup but probably not thinking Europe.

11 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Been looking forward to this for a while, didn't expect to have other priorities like a 6pointer against Chelsea, was expecting to take a couple draws this week and win this. The proposed changes are actually adding interest. Manqi, Targett and Wood for definite. Would like to give ASM at least a half - don't know which. Get Jo's beasting up to match speed with a start.

Wonder what sort of changes Palace will make cos they can fancy this cup but probably not thinking Europe.

Luckily we can load the bench and bring people on if it isn’t going right 

Howe pretty much confirmed changes on his post match interview.

Pope

Manquillo   Lascelles    Botman    Targett

Shelvey

Willock

Joelinton

Miggy                                               ASM

Wood

Thoughts:

Pope doesn't need rested.

Trippier won't be risked

Lascelles has to get a game

Botman has played fewer games than Burn or Schar

Joelinton and ASM should be fresh

Wilson won't be risked

Left Willock and Miggy because Howe won't want too many changes.

30 minutes ago, STM said:

Howe pretty much confirmed changes on his post match interview.

Pope

Manquillo   Lascelles    Botman    Targett

Shelvey

Willock

Joelinton

Miggy                                               ASM

Wood

Thoughts:

Pope doesn't need rested.

Trippier won't be risked

Lascelles has to get a game

Botman has played fewer games than Burn or Schar

Joelinton and ASM should be fresh

Wilson won't be risked

Left Willock and Miggy because Howe won't want too many changes.

If he went with this you’d probably see Willock, Miggy and ASM pulled after an hour with Chelsea in mind?

It's a shame this is against a fairly inform palace who probably likely to go full strength. Would be nice to rest majority going into Chelsea but I think this is a season we need to go all in on the cups aswell. 

Hope Eddie can find the right balance and rest some but also win the game.

8 minutes ago, LV said:

I’m not sure Eddie will rest too many. He wants to target the cups too. 

Really hope we go stronger than people are suggesting like.

2 big pushes this week then nye on a month off for most our players

Edited by jack j

I was having a little think this morning....

I wonder if Howe might consider Wilson, provided his illness has cleared. Bare in mind he's only played 45 minutes of football in 10 days. 

With Isak coming back post World Cup, I'd be tempted to push Wilson into the final 2 games. Ultimately, we could give Wilson an hour on Wednesday and it would hardly be too much for him.

22 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Any spare ticket would be hugely appreciated 

I have a possibility of a spare in East Stand for you.

It is a junior ticket as my son looks like he cannot make it (playing away at Everton in the day and unlikely to get back in time).

I will know for sure by Wednesday morning and if you don't mind risking it on a junior ticket - although I don't think they check anything other than the light going on at the turnstyle.

Let me know if you would be interested, I do not need anything for the ticket, would just prefer to see it being used.

I want to see Maxi, for him to get minutes before potentially starting against Chelsea.

We didn't play midweek last week and both these remaining pre-break games are at home, so no disruption from travelling. We may see Howe go with a stronger team as a result.

2 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I want to see Maxi, for him to get minutes before potentially starting against Chelsea.

We didn't play midweek last week and both these remaining pre-break games are at home, so no disruption from travelling. We may see Howe go with a stronger team as a result.

Maxi start and off at 65 mins would be perfect, ready for the weekends start.

Would like to see Anderson and Maxi start this. Otherwise hope Eddie doesn't tinker too much. Targett and Wood probably sensible choices for a start, maybe Fraser. Expect we'll see Lascelles unfortunately.