Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace: 9/11/22 @ 19:45 - League Cup (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

We should be treating this competition seriously like. Would be the perfect start to the project, getting a trophy, or even just reaching a final.

We can't turn our noses up at any domestic trophy considering we haven't won one in over half a century :lol:

Edited by Klaus

From .com 

I find this absolutely incredible tbh. 

‘The match is a sell-out and will be played in front of the largest crowd at SJP in the history of the competition.

That record currently stands at 49,902 who witnessed a Semi-Final victory over Spurs back in January 1976.’

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

From .com 

I find this absolutely incredible tbh. 

‘The match is a sell-out and will be played in front of the largest crowd at SJP in the history of the competition.

That record currently stands at 49,902 who witnessed a Semi-Final victory over Spurs back in January 1976.’

We almost beat that in the Championship season tbf, Preston (h) in the same cup, 49,042 attendance. Absolutely dismantled them 6-0. Still probably the most dominant Newcastle performance I've ever seen live.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, I'd like to think Wilson can play a part. This game is more important than Chelsea. 

There's an element to wanting to give Wood a fair chance as well, but I would put the result first. 

Might not be though… :naughty: 

13 minutes ago, 54 said:

Karius

Manquillo

Lascelles 

Botman

Targett

Anderson

Shelvey

Joelinton 

Fraser

Wood

ASM

At a guess.

Think that is the team but I have Burn starting instead of botman ,looking forward to Anderson getting 90 mins.

There'll inevitably be the 'both' replies, but hypothetically if we were to beat either Palace or Chelsea this week, but lose the other match, which match would you prefer to win?

A chance to be in the last 16 of a cup with some strong sides guaranteed to go out, but then it's kind of a '6 pointer' against Chelsea. When the draw was made I would have said Palace, but after our strong league form of late, I think I'd prefer the 3 points.

4 minutes ago, Paullow said:

There'll inevitably be the 'both' replies, but hypothetically if we were to beat either Palace or Chelsea this week, but lose the other match, which match would you prefer to win?

A chance to be in the last 16 of a cup with some strong sides guaranteed to go out, but then it's kind of a '6 pointer' against Chelsea. When the draw was made I would have said Palace, but after our strong league form of late, I think I'd prefer the 3 points.

3 points every day.

I actually think we’ll go full strength here and Chelsea, we have over a months break after this weekend and the attitude appears that we aim to win every game…..no different against Palace (and we have a point to prove 😎)

Edited by Mag_in_NZ

I'd play the same team as Sunday bar Targett and SMax in for Burn/Murphy. If Wilson is fit give him the first half and Wood the second. Maybe Lascelles for Schar as well. Ideally get a couple of goals up and then ring the changes for the last half an hour.