Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace: 9/11/22 @ 19:45 - League Cup (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

9 hours ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

Coming over with my other half for this. She's never been out in town on an evening so we were thinking about going out afterwards. Off for the rest of the week and got a hotel booked so would be rude not to. 

Could anyone recommend somewhere to go? Preferably indie or dance music? 

Gotham used to be great for Indie music, not sure what it’s like since it changed to Gunner Tavern. Rosie’s Bar and Forth Hotel also have good atmosphere midweek.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Sounds like Wilson won’t be playing tomorrow.

Even without the illness I'd have hoped he wouldn't be. Especially with Wood getting a goal at the weekend, should give him the 90mins.

I’d like to see Anderson start here like, if he doesn’t start this match then a championship loan in January makes the most sense for his development. I know he’ll be getting great coaching from Howe but he needs minutes playing alongside that 

11 hours ago, MidfieldGeneral said:

Coming over with my other half for this. She's never been out in town on an evening so we were thinking about going out afterwards. Off for the rest of the week and got a hotel booked so would be rude not to. 

Could anyone recommend somewhere to go? Preferably indie or dance music? 

PopWorld and Flares are always canny after a midweek match :D

Hope we don't go too weak. I'd definitely be resting Trippier, Bruno and Wilson. Maybe Botman or Schar too. I'd like to see; Pope, Manquillo, Schar/Botman, Burn, Targett, Shelvey, Joelinton, Willock, Murphy, Wood, ASM.

You'd have to think Palace will make some changes too, so would balance it out a bit if we're missing Bruno. Have him on the bench just in case we need him.

Palace away to Forest at the weekend and doing well in the league. I think they may well come here confident and near full strength. They were fairly good against our press in the game up here. If we were full strength I'd be fairly confident but think there'll be a few changes.

I'd like to see, if we could play Manquillo as Trippier, pushing him on when we have possession.

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

Pope

Manquillo

Lascelles

Burn

Targett

Anderson

Shelvey

Joe

Fraser

Wood

Murphy

Let's not get carried away. Can't see us winning against a full-strength Palace with that selection. At least have Miggy and Maxi in for Fraser and Murphy.

A lot of the squad are about to get a month long break, so any rotation needs to consider that.

No reason to rest Almiron or Willock for example as they’re quite capable of playing 2 games a week as a one off and will be on the beach this time next week. Joelinton has just had a week off.

Trippier, Wilson and Bruno are the only players I’d consider resting as they are going to have hard schedules from now until May. 

Pope  -- Trips, Lascelles, Botman, Targett -- Shelvey, Longstaff, Joelinton -- Maxi, Wood, Miggy

Bruno, Wilson, Willock on the bench. 

vs Chelsea I'd play: 

Pope -- Trips, Schar, Botman, Burn -- Bruno, Longstaff, Willock - Maxi, Wilson, Miggy 

Edited by Kanji