Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace (Newcastle win 3-2 on pels) - 09/11/22

Disco

Just now, Disco said:

Didn’t we get a late pen to send a dreadful game into extra time for that one. Vague memories of it being absolutely shit and hoping we’d miss so I could go home.

No but penalties featured: Shearer missed one then Blackburn immediately went and had one saved by Shay. An unforgettable night cos it was my first but forever a playful sort of regret on behalf of me old man and I; our hug when Pope saved that last one tonight had real feeling :lol:

Tonight was a fantastic advert for banishing extra time forever, like. Imagine Palace tediously sitting back for another thirty minutes.

Relieved to get through, that really wasn’t a good watch. We still struggle against teams who come for a draw but thankfully not many teams are well organised enough to do it. 

Too many rusty players tonight and basically zero cohesion. Obviously got better when the subs came on. We got through and that’s all that matters. I’m off to dream about us bobbling passes about in the midfield 

35 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I think very drunk. Him and his mate absolute knackers all game. I just have heard C*** shouted 20 times. Worst bit is? They had their two 5 or 6 year old kids with them and the majority around us in that part of the Gallowgate were kids and parents. 

Sometimes cup games do seem to attract some strange ones like. Was humming and harring about reporting it. But thought, nah f*** it. 

When I reported it to the supervisor, she was telling me another bloke, during penalties was nutted by a kid whilst the kid’s dad held him back. Seriously man, wtf?

Britain

1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

Been to both Palace's games this season. 180 minutes. No goals. 😆 

The zero goals for Palace may be understandable, but we battered them in that league game, creating more and better chances than we did in knocking four past Southampton. A very strong contender for worst VAR intervention of the season as well.

I didn't see last night's game and presume they shut us out much more convincingly.

19 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Just looking at the highlights, ASM could have had two match winning crosses. 

We're down as only scoring two headers this year in the league. Presumably the Bruno one from the long Trippier cross and the Tripper-Migoal routine over to Wilson for his second in that game. 

However, we have come close a number of times, so I would expect more goals to come and for Eddie and JT to also be working on it.

On paper alone, two headers from all the inventive set pieces we do is a poor return.

It's almost always been the case with this cup of just getting through. KK in 92, 93, 95 was fun but even under him, days after beating Man United 5-0 - Oldham at home was a slog and Barnsley in 94 similar despite putting at least 3 goals past everybody we played in the PL and Europe.

Played a team we'd all be placated with and went for it at the end.

Bruno was a bit ahead of himself with that. Its partly why we love him I guess so have to accept. Just a miss when going for the roof in the end with standard modern day daft run up.

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Can you not be happy about anything tonight?

Apologies Gawalls I was in a ‘bad fettle’.

What wouldn’t have been clear (because I didn’t state it!) is that I was watching Firmino’s penalty for Liverpool when I wrote that.  He took a daft stuttering run-up and then ballooned it.  He almost tripped over his own feet

Edited by TheBrownBottle

42 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Apologies Gawalls I was in a ‘bad fettle’.

What wouldn’t have been clear (because I didn’t state it!) is that I was watching Firmino’s penalty for Liverpool when I wrote that.  He took a daft stuttering run-up and then ballooned it.  He almost tripped over his own feet

We can all agree that was bad.