Newcastle United vs. Chelsea - 12/11/22 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Would take a draw but it could be any result. Potter seemed to have our number somewhat at Brighton but he’s struggling to get a tune out of these and they look like they’ve forgotten how to defend but they still have quality all over. 

Be interesting to see how keen those going to the WC are to put their foot in/not cry off  with an illness etc. Get Wilson or whoever to smash into the Ladyboy early doors and he’s #headsgone.

I would be absolutely delighted with a point here just to keep our distance to Chelsea. If we lose, it'll just be a kick up the back side for the lads not going to the WC, we're still in the top four no matter what. A win would put us in an incredible position for the rest of the season; we would be 9 points ahead of Chelsea going into the WC break :lol:

Big game for Potter this. He doesn't seem to know his best eleven, the attacking wing backs have misfired and he resorted to a 4-2-3-1 v Arsenal in which they looked woeful. Missing Fofana, James, Chilwell and Kante won't help the cause, while Mount and Sterling look knackered.

That said, they still have quality all over the pitch, so we'll have to be on it to get something from the game. I'd probably take a point now, but they are beatable.

Absolutely no reason we can't win this. Chelsea obviously have a great side but they look disjointed and short of confidence at the minute. We've got to back ourselves against them at home giving the run we are on. Saturday evening kick off as well, crowd will be well up for it. 

Chelsea's record since Sep 1 is P8 W4 D2 L2 F11 A8 for 14 points. However, in that period, Understat has them on -5 expected goal difference and only 8.3 expected points. It sounds like Kepa's got them a couple of wins. I like Potter but he has a lot to do and key players out. It will take time.

I hope Maxi plays, especially if Potter is struggling to get RB/LB setup the way he wants and having to make first half changes. Our right side really cooking is a recent development, and we've not seen it with Maxi on the other side. Overloads down the right and Maxi dribbling inside and out on the left makes it two prongs to skewer them.

Really interesting game and one I hope we are at them from the start as I'm not sure how they will manage our high press. Obviously they have some top quality also and they could easily have scored 3 goals today with better finishing. The team who gets the first goal will be crucial I feel.

Down Ministry of Sound in London while this is on, not going to lie I'm a bit gutted to be missing our last game before the WC. 

Think we'll go out with a bang, smash these and really start to make the rest of the league worry.