Newcastle United vs. Chelsea - 12/11/22 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

35 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I reckon it'll just be Joelinton in for Murphy from the team that started against Southampton.

I agree, I’m not sure Saint did enough last night to start Saturday but we’ll see. He’d probably do better with all the starters. My guess is a midfield of Longstaff, Bruno, Willock, with Joelinton left of a front 3. 

Draw will be an excellent result, although I am getting Arsenal at home last season vibes about this, a late game against one of the so called big 6 coming into this on the back of a few defeats and a lot of pressure on them, the atmosphere is going to be something else and we have no pressure on us at all really. You could tell before kick off that night that the Arsenal players couldn't handle the atmosphere and that we were going to run all over them. I have a feeling the same could happen again on Saturday.

Edited by Geogaddi

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think this is where our run ends, he a close game but think they will just have too much quality.

0-2

Think so too.

*I say the run will end before every “tough” game nowadays so it’s becoming more of a superstition at this point.

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think this is where our run ends, he a close game but think they will just have too much quality.

0-2

There back 4 is to be got at

Last week it was azplicueta chalobah Silva and cucurella

2 pensioners a young upstart and a curly mop who got tortured up here with Brighton

Possibly Loftus cheek and jorginho in midfield well overrun them no bother

Sterling and Mount been shite

Havertz will get cleaned out by BDB bit revenge for last season

And aubameyang will be late so he won't be playing

Absolutely buzzing for this now. Had the chance from two different people to get a ticket to the game. But annoyingly, I can’t make it up this weekend. So the pub will have to do. 

Weirdly, it’s the first time since earlier in the season where I have felt a bit of nervousness and like there is pressure on the game. 

Not really sure why. Maybe it’s because I’ve let myself believe we can finish top 4 and this isn’t just a flash in the pan. Maybe because after years of pain. I keep expecting the worst. Who knows. 

It’s just nice to be invested and care again. 

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

0-2

We’ll have too much quality for them.

We barely concede these days, how have you got them beating us 2 nowt at home??  What will have changed? 

This will not be an easy game. I have watched chelsea recently and they pass the ball well and just haven´t seemed to click up front. It is clear that they have mistakes in their defence which we should take advantage of.

I just think they will eventually "click" and they have some quality players tbf...

I would happily take a draw.

I reckon Man U lose to Fulham on Sunday.

We could be 7 clear of 5th going into the break. That would be massive and we have a great chance to restart more quickly than most of the challengers for top 4 due to less players being at the World Cup.

I am beginning to hear a lot of Champions League themes as ringtones down Northumberland Street.....

25 minutes ago, LV said:

I hope we don’t ever go anywhere near Pulisic mind. 

From the above site:

I've resigned myself to us losing this one.  They're playing really well and we look worse than ever.

But what's imperative is that we don't play Pulisic.

If we are to have any hope of finishing above Newcastle this season we simply have to trick them into signing him and taking away minutes from Almiron and Saint Maximin and that becomes a lot harder if they actually play against him.

:cheesy:

Wonder when the last time we went into a game against 'the big 6' as betting favourites?

17:30 kick off, pissed up St James', we're flying, they've been poor lately. Last game before Boxing Day. Everything points to a win, which means every fibre in my body doesn't expect a win :lol: 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Absolutely buzzing for this now. Had the chance from two different people to get a ticket to the game. But annoyingly, I can’t make it up this weekend. So the pub will have to do. 

Weirdly, it’s the first time since earlier in the season where I have felt a bit of nervousness and like there is pressure on the game. 

Not really sure why. Maybe it’s because I’ve let myself believe we can finish top 4 and this isn’t just a flash in the pan. Maybe because after years of pain. I keep expecting the worst. Who knows. 

It’s just nice to be invested and care again. 

They still available? 😂. Need two.