Newcastle United vs. Chelsea - 12/11/22 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, James said:

If Wilson can’t play I think I’d play Joelinton up front.

he won’t have the same goal pressure as before and we need a striker who can run for this one.

Then play ASM out wide or Murphy?

Howe used Joelinton up front once last season and he looked awful but I'd probably just try that again over Wood. If he could play the same kind of pressing game and we get Almiron/ASM coming in from the sides we'd be alright I think.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Then play ASM out wide or Murphy?

And then we also lack CM options from the bench, silly to go moving players out of position for the sake of not accommodating our only fully fit striker that has just scored.

Wood will start if Wilson isn’t.

Edited by Nine

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, said he's trained well, but by himself.

Then absolutely no reason he won’t be playing tomorrow, surely he is training on his own to reduce the risk of any other players coming down with it. 

21 minutes ago, buzz said:

Howe used Joelinton up front once last season and he looked awful but I'd probably just try that again over Wood. If he could play the same kind of pressing game and we get Almiron/ASM coming in from the sides we'd be alright I think.

Played up front against Norwich and scored twice. 

Big Jow - Maxi - Almiron front 3 with Jow and Maxi switching throughout Match and Willock, Bruno and Longstaff in midfield would be more than fine. 

Callum needs to play this, and I’m assuming he will. 

1 minute ago, Peppe said:

What's this about a protest outside of SJP before the game? Howe got asked about it at the press conference 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some Newcastle fans with justified concerns about our ownership are staging a protest. Wish them well personally. 

Need Big Joe to put in a huge reducer on Gallagher in the first 5 mins to make sure he shits himself for the next 85. Likewise Botman smashing that dirty cunt Havertz early on. Hit them hard and they'll wilt imo

4 minutes ago, midds said:

Need Big Joe to put in a huge reducer on Gallagher in the first 5 mins to make sure he shits himself for the next 85. Likewise Botman smashing that dirty cunt Havertz early on. Hit them hard and they'll wilt imo

Absolutely this. Want Havertz broken for his carry-on and blatant cheating in the Stamford Bridge robbery last year. 

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:
1 hour ago, Peppe said:

What's this about a protest outside of SJP before the game? Howe got asked about it at the press conference 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some Newcastle fans with justified concerns about our ownership are staging a protest. Wish them well personally

Ah, right 😊

47 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Neither of those two made up situations are ever going to happen

No doubt people said the same about Miggy. Hence why we were all desperate for a new righter winger in the summer.