League Cup 4th Round - Newcastle Utd v AFC Bournemouth (20/12/22 @ 7.45pm)

• 2 weeks later...

Aye. As exciting as the World Cup is, I'm back in love with club. Can't wait for out next game. 

How different to the days of Steve fucking Bruce. Couldn't give a flying when our next game was.

Edited by nufcjb

Aye, dunno if the fact that this game is also played on me birthday is a factor (probably not, I'll be 22, get a grip you cretin) but I'm far more looking forward to this, a League Cup 4th round tie against Bournemouth, than a World Cup quarter final against the world champions.

What on god's green earth is Eddie Howe cooking, man.

How we come out of this game will give us an indicator of how fast we can hit the ground running after Christmas.

Tranafer window opens soon after that too so hopefully we get through this with a win unscathed and get players in in time for the quarterfinal. 

4 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Karius, Manquillo, Schar, Botman, Burn, Willock, Shelvey, Joelinton, Miggy, Wood, ASM.

Subs: Pope, Trippier, Lascelles, Targett, Bruno, Longstaff, Murphy, Fraser, Wilson.

Why not a full strength side? Just as big if not bigger than the Leicester boxing day game for me, it's a great chance to win a trophy.

Edited by dembabah

1 minute ago, dembabah said:

Why not a full strength side? Just as big if not bigger than the Leicester boxing day game for me, it's a great chance to win a trophy.

Because the World Cup lads will probably only have been back in training for a couple of days, assuming the club give them a week or so off.

4 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Because the World Cup lads will probably only have been back in training for a couple of days, assuming the club give them a week or so off.

They all played less than they would if the season had continued as normal, don't see why they need time off. Pope didn't even play a minute

10 days away aswell.

Edited by dembabah