League Cup 4th Round - Newcastle Utd v AFC Bournemouth (20/12/22 @ 7.45pm)

56 minutes ago, SteV said:

I think the situation may well be different given the circumstances around this game. 

Aye am sure in the article on the club website it says that news on refunds will be released in due course. 

44 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

New owners just confirmed for Bournemouth. Is a new owner bounce a thing?

Same players, same manager. Very bearable but they are still a Premier League team and have got this far on merit, so be aware but not afraid of them.

Bit of a pisser this mind. Was really looking forward to this. I break up for 2 weeks on Wednesday so I was looking forward to finishing graft, getting over to the town for a few pints, match, then 2 weeks off work.

Now I've got a 6am start to look forward to the following day which is never much fun after a midweek match. 

After reading the full statement I have to say as much as I understand the reasons behind the change of date (they explain them after all) was I the only one who thought it lacked a little empathy for those needing to change plans and possibly lose money etc? Seemed no acknowledgement at all.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

After reading the full statement I have to say as much as I understand the reasons behind the change of date (they explain them after all) was I the only one who thought it lacked a little empathy for those needing to change plans and possibly lose money etc? Seemed no acknowledgement at all.

Given the amount of strikes in multiple sectors it is probably just to avoid being slammed for blaming anyone for the re-arrangement. I think another club had to postpone a match due to rail strikes, but it was a similarly bland statement.

2 hours ago, robbo_11 said:

Given the amount of strikes in multiple sectors it is probably just to avoid being slammed for blaming anyone for the re-arrangement. I think another club had to postpone a match due to rail strikes, but it was a similarly bland statement.

Not what I meant. Wasn’t expecting them to shift blame or anything. Just thought a line saying they understand this will cause problems for some fans etc. It just lacked any acknowledgement on the troubles such a late move would cause for some.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not what I meant. Wasn’t expecting them to shift blame or anything. Just thought a line saying they understand this will cause problems for some fans etc. It just lacked any acknowledgement on the troubles such a late move would cause for some.

I understand what you’re saying, and clearly it probably wouldn’t of hurt to add something like that, but perhaps there’s a feeling that that would in some way almost acknowledging they had some kind of choice? Would appear they only choice they were presented with (through no fault of the club) was move it to a different day or play it behind closed doors.

22 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Fail, but have a nice day :thup:

The date change really Socko for some. But obviously some will have a Bang Bang of a time watching Eddie's team again.

Edited by nufcjb