League Cup 4th Round - Newcastle Utd v AFC Bournemouth (20/12/22 @ 7.45pm)

9 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

My birthday is that day too - pretty sure we have a canny record on the 21st excluding the Mackems beating us 0-1.

Worst one of me life that one like. :lol:

Do remember though playing Palace off the park at Selhurst and winning 0-3 before that though. Remember a grim 0-0 against Fulham the day after my 18th as well.

10 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Worst one of me life that one like. :lol:

Do remember though playing Palace off the park at Selhurst and winning 0-3 before that though. Remember a grim 0-0 against Fulham the day after my 18th as well.

I was at that Palace game, belter! although that Fulham game was painful. 

Only other I remember without looking was around 2002 when Big Al skied a penalty against Fulham at SJP, but we won 2 nowt. 

48 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s gonna cost a fucking fortune to get into club Wembley for the final with a 100000 mags after tickets for the final.

Fuck me!, it cost me $30k and the death of a monarch to get to the Bournemouth league game…….making it to Wembley (Wembo 😂) will be a piece of piss………hopefully 

Yeah, I wouldn't do the draw again if offered as pretty much any home time is fine, and this is one that we will be clear favourites to win.

A bit of a shame most other PL sides were kept apart and there'll probably be around 7 PL clubs in the QF. Lincoln, MK, Gillingham etc. would have been better but certainly not one to complain/worry about.

City are obviously big favourites to win it, but if we don't win the cup then there will only be a max of 2 teams in the QF that can keep the 7th place spot 'in house'.

Good draw that, the have Chelsea the weekend after, so will be interesting to see what team they put out.

Also curious to see how many fans they bring up, given for them it's the complete other end of the country, midweek, right before Christmas :lol:

Great draw for us, dare I say with City vs Liverpool now we could be in for a good run in this competition.

The extra fixtures would impact our PL form though, there’s only so far you can stretch this current squad across the extra games and retain quality throughout. 

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Good draw that, the have Chelsea the weekend after, so will be interesting to see what team they put out.

Also curious to see how many fans they bring up, given for them it's the complete other end of the country, midweek, right before Christmas :lol:

wouldn’t worry about the fans , not many is an easy answer. 
biggest thing we need to worry about is dreaming too much , one game at a time .

Edited by GWN

9 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Shame there had to be an empty block between our fans and theirs like 

Dunno why they did that. Seemed a bit pointless. Did the same v Cambridge in the FA Cup last season as well. They had a smaller segregation when we used to play Sunderland.