Group A: Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands (Netherlands and Senegal qualify)

Big River

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Never seen possession stats with three different criteria before with the third being "in contest". Weird, kind of like it.

Not sure how they're calculating this, but I'm sure the current prem league possession stats is just the number of passes. Hopefully this system is looking more at time in possession, as if a player runs and keeps the ball for 20 seconds currently that isn't reflected in the possession %

13 minutes ago, Kasper said:

You’re not understanding. That picture is the moment the ball is won by one Ecuador player. Offside is when the another Ecuador player touches the ball next. That’s his leg in an offside position in the pic. Again, two players in the picture all though it looks like one.

This is where contact is made from the cross (good luck in deciding who makes contact), the other Ecuador player isn’t offside. VAR have taken a still that suits them. There’s also a new passage of play (albeit a small messy passage) before they score. It’s not going to affect the result but it was the wrong the decision and doesn’t sit well with me.

https://imgur.com/gallery/pK93Opf

The empty seats are unsurprising like. Citizens of these smaller gulf states are possibly the biggest spoilt brats on earth. Not really their fault - just a product of their society where everything is on a plate for them their whole lives. 

Throw in that this is the only ground without a metro station and they've clearly quite literally fucked off to beat the traffic.

10 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

It’ll be even worse at the next World Cup with the expansion of teams.

:thup: there will be at least 5 teams worse than Qatar not playing at home. Fifa can fuck off with that expansion.

Most uninterested I've ever been in something football related. This is the opening game of the World Cup and its just been on the background whilst I've been researching Warzone METAs. 

The pints in town tomorrow will hopefully interest me in England's game tomorrow but this is fucking shite. 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Most uninterested I've ever been in something football related. This is the opening game of the World Cup and its just been on the background whilst I've been researching Warzone METAs. 

The pints in town tomorrow will hopefully interest me in England's game tomorrow but this is fucking shite. 

We’ve heard you plenty of times regarding how disinterested you are :thup: 

2 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Who the fuck would go out there man, what you doing after the match 🥴

I’m going there only for football. 7 games in 7 days. But Doha has a huge food scene with great restaurants. It’s basically Dubai where plenty of people go for holidays, not my cup of tea, but some people love that.