Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

That was an incredible second half. Wow. 

Hopefully we (USA) don’t lose by 4 goals to England today and somehow grind out a result if at all possible. Tuesday is going to be nervy as fuck. Winner/Better of that one + versus England result past goes thru. Christ. 

obv assuming England beat Wales too. 

Edited by Kanji

Dean Saunders trending on Twitter, apparently had a shocker on Talksport during commentary, here’s some of the quotes:

Dean Saunders quotes from the commentary today; ‘Joe Rodon looks like Bobby Moore’

‘Kieffer Moore is unplayable to these Iran defenders’

‘There’s easily a hat trick available to Kieffer Moore today’

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

My kids were pulled out of lessons to watch that rubbish.

They aren't quite sure if they like watching football yet, that's going to set me back at least 6 months.

On the flip side working in a Welsh uni is going to be fun this afternoon

:lol:

26 minutes ago, Kanji said:

we dominated them in the first half, tbh. Second half we were a dumpster fire. 

I thought the US looked really good in the first half the other night. Started off really really well but struggled with the system change and the introduction of Moore as a lump.

I also think the early booking for McKennie really hampered him after such a positive first ten mins. I thought he was really setting the tempo up to that point and then played a bit within himself thereafter.

FWIW, I think the US centre backs might struggle more with a Wilson-esque type forward (running in behind) than a Kane nowadays (dropping deep and linking everything up) to the extent where I'd be tempted to change it up tonight.

13 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

I thought the US looked really good in the first half the other night. Started off really really well but struggled with the system change and the introduction of Moore as a lump.

I also think the early booking for McKennie really hampered him after such a positive first ten mins. I thought he was really setting the tempo up to that point and then played a bit within himself thereafter.

FWIW, I think the US centre backs might struggle more with a Wilson-esque type forward (running in behind) than a Kane nowadays (dropping deep and linking everything up) to the extent where I'd be tempted to change it up tonight.

spot on, thought we lost it all when McKennie was booked and Musah had to come off hurt. Our starting midfield 3 is quite class, all strong and very quick and technically sound.