Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

Just now, Disco said:

Decisions for Southgate to make for the Senegal game. Does he stick with the 433 that seems to working fine? Who starts wide out of Saka, Rashford and Foden? Who plays in the midfield?

Kane

Sterling          Mount

Hendo        Rice

Phillips

Shaw                                 Walker

Stones  Maguire  White

Pickford

:shifty:

Just now, Pata said:

Kane

Sterling          Mount

Hendo        Rice

Phillips

Shaw                                 Walker

Stones  Maguire  White

Pickford

:shifty:

Getting kicked out the tournament for fielding 12 players? Can’t see it tbh ;)

1 minute ago, Ameritoon said:

Very similar vibes to the 2010 World Cup for the US so far. Big difference is we're more talented but a lot more naïve. I'll take it.

Think you have a good chance to beat Holland if Pulisic can play and whoever is playing CF has a good game.

It's all a bit of a pointless argument tbh. The cynics will say it was an easy group and this was what should've been expected. The hopefuls will say we made it look pretty easy and routine (I count myself in that group personally). When we (almost certainly) don't win the tournament the cynics will feel vindicated regardless of how it plays out, and if we do somehow win the lot then it'll be an easy draw or luck or whatever. Up til now we've done everything we've needed to do. 

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

This world cup stuff is cool but I need the cool security of Eddie on the touchline. These international motherfuckers got my heart pacing.

Jason Tindall at a World Cup in Mexico is the documentary/investigation we all need. 

1 hour ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

England, Italy, and Ghana all made serious errors letting this Musah boy go play for the the US. He wasn't raised there nor are his parents American and he would have a part to play for all of those teams. One of the best midfielders I have seen in this tournament for any team, tbh.

Adams-McKennie-Musah midfield 3 is some shit. They’ll all be in their prime in 2026.

1 minute ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Adams-McKennie-Musah midfield 3 is some shit. They’ll all be in their prime in 2026.

Had this thought. We couldn’t have gotten the WC at a better time. We’re the youngest squad at the WC this year and in four years a lot of our dudes will be in their absolute prime. 

Edited by cubaricho

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Decisions for Southgate to make for the Senegal game. Does he stick with the 433 that seems to working fine? Who starts wide out of Saka, Rashford and Foden? Who plays in the midfield?

Have to go with the 433, felt so much more fluid. No idea in terms of selection, wonderful problem to have :lol:

Wales were horrific. Let’s see how we approach Senegal, we need to set up to the players strengths, not worry about what the oppo could do.

We lost the Euros and the last WC semi against inferior teams because we didn’t truly believe in the players.

We should beat Senegal but we’ll be beaten in the dressing room before the French game worrying what

they might do to us.

Well done to England comfortable this evening even if the first half was a bit lacklustre. Even if Bale and Ramsey were at their very best we would have struggled to compete against the strength and depth England have.

Also congrats to the US fans on here 🙌🏽

I thought Phillips, tbf to him, looked very sharp and progressive when he came on. Wouldn't be against him joining Rice back in the midfield with Bellingham. Don't see the need to keep Henderson in there who, despite his leadership, is slow and sometimes careless in possession. 

What happens with the two wingers is anyone's guess. Everyone has staked a claim. If Sterling wasn't so damn reliable and didn't connect so well with Kane, I'd say go Rashford and Saka. 

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m in my 40s now.  In my lifetime England have made it out of the groups of a WC in 9 out of 10 attempts (albeit this doesn’t include failure to qualify in ‘94).  That’s pretty fucking routine in fairness. 

I think the key phrase is "routine" though. They usually qualify, but make bloody hard work of it.

I’ve not really been a cynic at all, and have been quite a staunch defender of Southgate. However, I feel that the quality of the performances have been poor. Or should I say, there are glaring problems with the way the team is set up that means we aren’t going to win this WC. The main issue being the way we progress the ball through midfield. Maybe I’ve just had the joy of watching Bruno now so am spoiled, but I cannot stand the Rice role in football now. 

Edited by AJ9

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

It's all a bit of a pointless argument tbh. The cynics will say it was an easy group and this was what should've been expected. The hopefuls will say we made it look pretty easy and routine (I count myself in that group personally). When we (almost certainly) don't win the tournament the cynics will feel vindicated regardless of how it plays out, and if we do somehow win the lot then it'll be an easy draw or luck or whatever. Up til now we've done everything we've needed to do. 

I think a lot depends on the performances. If you go out playing ultra conservative football without giving it a go, many will be saying told you so. 

Just now, gbandit said:

Feel like Foden has to start and Rashford can’t really be dropped after that second half performance but I also love Saka. Mount should be nowhere near the team and the same goes for Henderson

Reckon we’re unchanged for Senegal.