Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

Presumably Maguire's horror show vs Germany wasn't enough to leave him out then. Southgate waiting for him to fuck up in a big game instead. Generally the lineup looks OK but Mount has a lot to do to persuade me he's not a waste of a shirt for England, and hoping we see something beyond sideways passing from our 2 defensive midfielders. 

Same old, basically :lol:

I know Maguire has generally been pretty good for England, but it was my understanding that it was part of a back 5 with two holding midfielders.

Playing Maguire in a back 4 is suicide. It won't matter against Iran, but it'll be catastrophic against anyone decent.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I know Maguire has generally been pretty good for England, but it was my understanding that it was part of a back 5 with two holding midfielders.

Playing Maguire in a back 4 is suicide. It won't matter against Iran, but it'll be catastrophic against anyone decent.

Was mostly a back 4 in the Euros and he was alright. The WC in Russia was a back 5 the whole time I think. 

3 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Was mostly a back 4 in the Euros and he was alright. The WC in Russia was a back 5 the whole time I think. 

I was at the Germany game  at Wembley and he was immense in a back 5. Definitely think it's the way to go against stronger opposition.