Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland (Argentina and Poland qualify)

Big River

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

Would rather never win a World Cup than see them win one. Would rather England won over them. :lol:

Well here I was unsure on who to support in this game, but you going all Donald Trump has swong in Mehicos favour.

¡Mas tequila, por favor! 

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Espana 82 is the first WC I recall well but have a bit of a soft spot for Mexico 86, Negrete's overhead kick and all that. Sorry Mike.

Don't really remember the overhead kick, but Mexico will always stick in my mind because one of his team mates pulled his head back by the hair then released it by slapping the back of his head. I don't know if it was that goal, but probably was tbh. It was the most Latino celebration in living memory.

Just now, TRon said:

Don't really remember the overhead kick, but Mexico will always stick in my mind because one of his team mates pulled his head back by the hair then released it by slapping the back of his head. I don't know if it was that goal, but probably was tbh. It was the most Latino celebration in living memory.

That was the goal! Still remember the commentary "Negrete...Aguirre...Negretttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Magnificent!!!"

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

That was the goal! Still remember the commentary "Negrete...Aguirre...Negretttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Magnificent!!!"

Aye, Negrete was pumping his fists while screaming in celebration with his head getting yanked back by the hair. It was blood pumping stuff!

Keown is an awful commentator. He offers nothing by way of intelligent or even halfway-interesting comment. "As we know with Lewandowski he can destroy his opponent". So many non-footballers would trade their mind-numbingly crap jobs for a stab at what he does and they'd work their bollocks off researching the teams and players and learning how to analyse sports on the fly, and would offer something clarifying and analytical to viewers. He's an absolute neanderthal, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing wanksock. 

Mexico plays a little like they were coached by a bargain bin Eddie Howe - hard pressing, overloads on the right. Not a bad end to the half.

Alvarez is like a poor man's Shelvey - Hollywood balls, sitting in front of the defenders, strolling around a lot.