Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland (Argentina and Poland qualify)

Big River

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Aye, not in Spam. Managed to get further and create an account with an alternative email address now, no idea why it's accepted it this time. Check inbox for verification email.. nothing there. Ah wey.

Nevermind, all emails have came flooding in at once. Now in.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Tbf I much prefer this to drawing lines on a pitch. Whether it's accurate or not at least it is quick.

I kind of agree, but if you just want a quick decision, then you might as well just stick with the linesmen. With the use of technology, accuracy is expected. Oh, well!

3 minutes ago, andyman said:

I kind of agree, but if you just want a quick decision, then you might as well just stick with the linesmen. With the use of technology, accuracy is expected. Oh, well!

Yeah but this is the fundamental problem with VAR. I don't think 100% accuracy on offsides is ever possible. So a mysterious automated system that works quickly and creates an accepted margin of error is superior and returns the momentum to the game (basically like goal line tech).

Edited by ponsaelius

Just the three disallowed goals. At least that one was determined by the lino on his own due to an actual unfair advantage, in the spirit of the rule/the sport.

Absolutely despise VAR on offsides. I know I've said it a dozen times but I really think I could live with it if it was just taken away from that aspect. 

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Yeah but this is the fundamental problem with VAR. I don't think 100% accuracy on offsides is ever possible. So a mysterious automated system that works quickly and creates an accepted margin of error is superior and returns the momentum to the game (basically like goal line tech).

Get what you're saying but I don't think goal line tech belongs in a comparison with VAR tbh due to its objectivity and unquestionable nature. 

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

True that! I like that it's at least semi automated now.

I agree it's basically impossible to turn offsides into an exact science and a bit of a buffer zone where if it is a centimetre or two either way then it goes with the lino's decision would be good but issue is that linesman are increasingly not flagging and leaving it to VAR if it is marginal