Group E: Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan (Japan and Spain qualify)

Big River

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I was saying to a mate before the WC that Japan and S Korea feel like 'proper' football nations these days, and not just there to make up the numbers; they produce some excellent technical footballers.  Didn't see this coming though

This is very true, but a lot of pundits don’t seem to realise the rise of football in non-European/South American countries 

Ironically this is the first time I’ve seen VAR work like I want it to work. The call on the field stands unless there is clear and irrefutable evidence to overturn it (which there wasn’t in this instance). It ended up being perfect execution, other than how long it took. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm hearing unconfirmed rumours that all of the ball needs to be over all of the line.

Bollocks to the Laws of the Game - what does Common Sense* say should happen

* NB Common Sense can only be applied by PFM pundits.  You or I do not have Common Sense in terms of football

8 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Been said but that really reminded me so much of us under Eddie. Just calmly shutting teams out and pressing like fuck. Amazing :lol:

Makes it a bit easier when your opposition doesn't want to score mind :lol:

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Ironically this is the first time I’ve seen VAR work like I want it to work. The call on the field stands unless there is clear and irrefutable evidence to overturn it (which there wasn’t in this instance). It ended up being perfect execution, other than how long it took. 

It was disallowed initially.