Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia (Morocco and Croatia qualify)

Big River

3 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Has done far better than his predecessor too. Nobody has a god given right to win a tournament, particularly Belgium ffs.

Think people assume he's been there longer than he has been. Persevered with Wilmots for too long while they probably had their best team and Martinez came in and they were really good in the last World Cup under him. Hazard's decline as well as their team just getting old has killed them. Hazard was their real talisman when they were at their best

Many an in the end decent tournament has started with such a performance I suppose. None of them (England/Argentina90, Italy94/06) looked as poor individually and collectively as Belgium mind.

Got really invested in that behind Canada. Hope they get something somewhere, Morocco having to go for the win and chasing goals difference is their chance

Edited by Jonas

I had assumed Belgium was riddled with 35-year olds given that they’ve had roughly the same team for what feels like a decade. Beyond Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Witsel, and Mertens, you could see the rest of them again in four years (rightly or wrongly).

Just now, Tomato Deuce said:

I had assumed Belgium was riddled with 35-year olds given that they’ve had roughly the same team for what feels like a decade. Beyond Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Witsel, and Mertens, you could see the rest of them again in four years (rightly or wrongly).

Eden Hazard has been finished for two years, it'd be hilarious if he's still around in fours time :lol:

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Eden Hazard has been finished for two years, it'd be hilarious if he's still around in fours time :lol:

He’s younger than me and I’m a disgusting mess, and I bet I could outrun him at this point. :lol: 

Edited by Tomato Deuce

3 hours ago, Jonas said:

Many an in the end decent tournament has started with such a performance I suppose. None of them (England/Argentina90, Italy94/06) looked as poor individually and collectively as Belgium mind.

Got really invested in that behind Canada. Hope they get something somewhere, Morocco having to go for the win and chasing goals difference is their chance

Just really want this to actually be wor Jonas. 

:aww:

Edited by cubaricho

7 hours ago, Nobody said:

Thing is though, a World Cup only comes around once every four years. They've had an incredible squad, but there's so much so be said for having a winning culture at a World Cup, which Belgium obviously hasn't got. If Germany had the same talent, they would have won something IMO. 

The fact that they've managed to get a squad this good is incredible in itself TBH, sure they probably should have done better just going off the talent they've had, but international football is about so much more than just talent. 

They get to showcase it in a major tournament every two years. 

I’m not counting that recent Nations League bollocks! 

Canade were really impressive, high intensity pressing and quick one touch vertical football. Was a good game to watch and Belguim did not deserve the win at all.

Courtois proved he is the world nº1 with a few great saves and a penalty save...

14 hours ago, Nobody said:

Your lot should be really proud of that performance like. That's the kind of game that enamoures you to the entire world, to the point where the result doesn't even matter. Everyone will be hoping for Canada to get a result now.

Immensely proud.  Our program has come so far and I love how these lads perform for Herds. He'll forever be a legend for resurrecting the national team, love him.

14 hours ago, Kanji said:

mate, I get it. I’m 100% backing you there. Small / fine margins type of shit and I bloody love Canada to begin with (as an American) 

You a real one, @Kanji. Unlike @Mike :lol: (you as well, Micheal). You both are welcome to come visit the nice apartment above the meth lab any time you want. I recommend May-Sept, bleak as fuck outside right now.

16 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

He’s younger than me and I’m a disgusting mess, and I bet I could outrun him at this point. :lol: 

He looked like I do after a kick around in the park in the summer. Looked nowhere near fit enough.