Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia (Morocco and Croatia qualify)

Big River

Central midfield and defence was always going to be Canada's Achilles heel. Kone looks like the real deal but there needs to be another 2 or 3 quality Central defenders and midfielders emerge for 2026. 

Last goal aside Miller really played up this tournament and Vitoria didn't look dreadful considering how slow he is. The ghostly midfield and lack of defensive protection killed the game. The Croats got caught out by the tactics to begin either half but soon adjusted and showed their class. Hard lesson for Canada and Herdman today. Naivety around but so much to still love about how Canada is developing.

6 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

Trouble in Belgium after the defeat.

Bizarre.  The news service accounts are vague, perhaps purposely vague.  Several mention disturbances in Rotterdam, NL.

Are these Belgian fans or Moroccan fans? In the video, there appear to be be several people carrying Moroccan flags, but that could be confluence of people. Whoever they are the violence appears directed at property rather than people, which I guess is something. Assholes.

Then the report contrasts the problems in Belgium with celebrations in Morocco.

I feel like its slightly harsh on Canada if they head out on 0 points, they've played some really decent stuff this World Cup, should have won against Belgium, and just ran out of legs against Croatia. 

Just now, Dancing Brave said:

Canada 2 down and all over the place.

I honestly thought we'd be better than this, but I had a suspicion we'd be shite. I hope there's some changeover for 2026 and Herd's is able to recruit quality players who'd be eligible like Fikayo Tomori.