Group G: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon (Brazil and Switzerland qualify)

Big River

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Not even really sure what Richarlison's actual strengths are. Surely Jesus is by a mile the more in-form player

I think he's massively overrated. I just don't get the hype with him at all. The man was in a relegation scrap six months ago ffs, Jesus should be miles ahead of him in this squad. 

Edited by Decky

The thing with international football is it's always more disjointed and lacking in cohesion compared to club football - as you'd expect. However with international tournaments you usually have the tiredness factor after a long season  which plays into more game-breaking mistakes to open things up. That can be a bit of an equaliser.

Feel like the biggest issue with this competition is loads of teams are setting up very negatively (sick to death of seeing 5 at the back) - and having the match fitness and energy to easily implemented these kind of game plans.

I've always thought the Afcon tournaments were often awful to watch. But I think this is playing out very similarly and maybe there's a correlation there.

Edited by ponsaelius