Group G: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon (Brazil and Switzerland qualify)

Big River

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Yes, in all but one of them. It seems massive overkill for the night games. I saw some people complaining that it was genuinely cold in the ground [emoji38]

This WC is single handedly going to cause global warming

Thiago Silva. Greatest defender I’ve seen live. What a ridiculous player to watch live. Rich keeps his scoring form for the nt, but wanted him to get subbed off at half (luckily im not the manager). He was Invisible except for the goals. 

Just now, Flip said:

Thiago Silva. Greatest defender I’ve seen live. What a ridiculous player to watch live. Rich keeps his scoring form for the nt, but wanted him to get subbed off at half (luckily im not the manager). He was Invisible except for the goals. 

Hope you enjoyed it Flip. Would be good to hear more reportage of your experiences out there.

4 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Can’t see past Brazil as World Champions on this performance. What a squad; phenomenal in the second half.

They weren't even clicking properly, Raphina still looks a bit undercooked, but when they get it right, they look frightening.

8 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Yes, in all but one of them. It seems massive overkill for the night games. I saw some people complaining that it was genuinely cold in the ground [emoji38]

Could they not have just played the cunt in summer then ffs

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Hope you enjoyed it Flip. Would be good to hear more reportage of your experiences out there.

I’ll give y’all a thorough one after I’ve been here a few more days. 

Just now, jack j said:

Could they not have just played the cunt in summer then ffs

I think Qatar have always insisted that they actually could have done. It was FIFA that pushed it to be moved.

It would not be so much the games that would have been the problem in the summer - but the training for the players and the fan experience would have been terrible. I've been in Abu Dhabi/Dubai in July and it was absolutely unbearable.

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

That's crazy but as someone who is boiling all the time, I think I'd like that!

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently Neynonce sprained his ankle.

Acted like a twat tonight, kept trying to play like he was in the neymar fives and just ended up giving the ball away instead of beating his man. Got crunch tackled a few times too thankfully. 

16 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Acted like a twat tonight, kept trying to play like he was in the neymar fives and just ended up giving the ball away instead of beating his man. Got crunch tackled a few times too thankfully. 

In the first half I was livid. Improved in the second half though in all sense. Still, his injuries are all on him though, he keeps inviting tackles. 

25 minutes ago, Flip said:

In the first half I was livid. Improved in the second half though in all sense. Still, his injuries are all on him though, he keeps inviting tackles. 

Thoughts on Paqueta in that role? Few Brazilian mates of mine who are not toon fans think Bruno should be Casimero’s partner as he provides better passing short and vertical and offensively works better in this team as he’s not getting into the same positions as Neymar. 

vini is elite. My word. 

Edited by Kanji

8 hours ago, Kanji said:

Thoughts on Paqueta in that role? Few Brazilian mates of mine who are not toon fans think Bruno should be Casimero’s partner as he provides better passing short and vertical and offensively works better in this team as he’s not getting into the same positions as Neymar. 

vini is elite. My word. 

I was impressed by Paqueta there last night tbf. And anything that keeps Bruno off the pitch is a positive! [emoji38]

I was not impressed with Paqueta at all. And I am a fan. A big fan. Just not sure he is being used correctly

Not sure if it was tactical instruction, but was weird, that in a midfield 2, he was walking around the forward line. Constantly. 
Hardly came back to collect the ball.

Very similar in fact to KDB in his game. So much talent on the ball, but just spend the game walking around the forward line 

3 minutes ago, arnonel said:

I was not impressed with Paqueta at all. And I am a fan. A big fan. Just not sure he is being used correctly

Not sure if it was tactical instruction, but was weird, that in a midfield 2, he was walking around the forward line. Constantly. 

Very similar in fact to KDB in his game. So much talent on the ball, but just spend the game walking around the forward line 

Might have been in response to the opposition/opposition shape. Maybe Brazil felt they could lose him/let him roam.

I thought he was creative and effective without necessarily getting quite the right final ball/end product.

3 hours ago, arnonel said:

Paqueta was really good from minute 25 like. He was lost for the first 25 as Serbia played high pressing and kept more of the ball, but when we settled down he kept the team clicking with intelligent balls and won a lot of duels. Only Brazilian player who didn’t do mich was Rich until he scored twice. 

15 minutes ago, Flip said:

Paqueta was really good from minute 25 like. He was lost for the first 25 as Serbia played high pressing and kept more of the ball, but when we settled down he kept the team clicking with intelligent balls and won a lot of duels. Only Brazilian player who didn’t do mich was Rich until he scored twice. 

He's got a forum to admin too tbf to him.

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Dani Alves to take Silva's oldest player record then. 

Eder Militao most likely to play on the right. At least against Switzerland. While Rodrygo or Fred to take Neymars place. In the case of Fred, Paqueta to play in the #10 role.