Group G: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon (Brazil and Switzerland qualify)

Big River

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:
7 minutes ago, andycap said:

It's the situation though world cup winner against the mighty brasil. He probably forgot about it. 

Should go full peniscopter - the result is the same

Would that get you sent off or just a yellow? 🤔

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

Didn’t realise Aboubakar was only 30. Feels like he had another couple of years in Europe left in him. 

Type of player who absolutely should have had a spell at PL club at some point. Indeed almost unfathomable that he hasn't.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Would have made the doomsday quarter final more likely though. Swings and roundabouts 

I think I actually prefer this. Attenuated risk of the entirety of Northeast Asia going up in flames aside, if we're going out at some point anyway I'd much rather have it be after a good showing against Brazil. Annoying how we always get eliminated by shit teams.

8 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Type of player who absolutely should have had a spell at PL club at some point. Indeed almost unfathomable that he hasn't.

Absolutely reeks of Harry Redknapp. 

Regarding the peniscopter - from what I've learned one should probably refrain from doing it. A player in Paraguay faced a ban for showing just a little bit of his penis during a celebration. 

Definitely shouldn't bite an opponents penis either:

https://www.ladbible.com/news/sport-football-player-handed-five-year-ban-for-biting-opponents-penis-20200219

Edit: "football show penis rule" is probably one of my weirder internet searches :lol:

Edited by Peppe

25 minutes ago, Disco said:

Didn’t realise Aboubakar was only 30. Feels like he had another couple of years in Europe left in him. 

Didn't know him before the tournament but going to KSA at the age of 28 seems like a massive waste, at least he's making a decent wedge.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Didn't know him before the tournament but going to KSA at the age of 28 seems like a massive waste, at least he's making a decent wedge.

Used to think players going to the Middle East or MLS in their twenties was shit, but now that I'm older, I'll never fault a footballer for securing his and his family's future. Especially the ones that aren't at the absolute top of the pile and won't have much income after their playing career is over.