Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea (Portugal and South Korea qualify)

Big River

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Why do South Korea keep floating crosses into the box? They’re all well delivered but they never get their head on them. Surely they have to keep the ball on the ground 

Ghana not dealing with them as easily as they should be giving them encouragement I suppose.

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Why do South Korea keep floating crosses into the box? They’re all well delivered but they never get their head on them. Surely they have to keep the ball on the ground 

Thought they worked very well, massive pressure for the last 20 minutes. Ghana didn’t seem to be able to handle them.

Just now, Pata said:

Thought they worked very well, massive pressure for the last 20 minutes. Ghana didn’t seem to be able to handle them.

To be fair, our crosses were much less threatening than their crosses, roughly 50% of which led directly to goals.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

There was lots of pressure but I think owing to the fact that they barely ever got a head on the cross they should have probably taken more shots from distance if they didn’t think they could get in behind Ghana down the wings 

Just now, gbandit said:

There was lots of pressure but I think owing to the fact that they barely ever got a head on the cross they should have probably taken more shots from distance if they didn’t think they could get in behind Ghana down the wings 

I’ve gone basically my entire life without seeing a Korean score in a meaningful game from outside the box, so no.

They did fine other than the howlers from the defense and Ghana were clinical. Probably win that game more often than not if you replayed it a hundred times. Team seems pretty good and will probably not embarrass themselves against Portugal. It’s fine. What’s the point of making it to the knockouts to get ripped to shreds by Brazil anyway.

Edited by oldtype

11 minutes ago, oldtype said:

I’ve gone basically my entire life without seeing a Korean score in a meaningful game from outside the box, so no.

I didn’t watch the whole match as I was working, only the last twenty minutes but did they manage to get their heads on the ball of crosses at other stages of the match? Not arguing for the sake of arguing, genuinely interested in whether it is a viable strategy or not as I wouldn’t anticipate you’d be particularly good in the air and on the basis of what I watched, you weren’t 

I didn’t watch the whole match as I was working, only the last twenty minutes but did they manage to get their heads on the ball of crosses at other stages of the match? Not arguing for the sake of arguing, genuinely interested in whether it is a viable strategy or not as I wouldn’t anticipate you’d be particularly good in the air and on the basis of what I watched, you weren’t 

They scored two headed goals from crosses :lol:

Edited by ponsaelius

The number nine is 6”4 and he scored with his head twice.