Our Shithousery

The Prophet

While I'm on, I'm delighted we're finally rattling a few cages of the established teams at the top who've had it their own way for the last decade or so. We've spent a modest (relatively) amount of money and we appear to have gatecrashed the party and have become an immediate threat overnight. They're demonstrably upset and annoyed at this and don't seem to have taken it rather badly. ANOTHER £200m spent really well will see one of them go the journey and fall into obscurity for several years. They're running scared and so they should be

There was a fair amount of rolling around on the floor pretending to be injured in the last 10 minutes to disrupt the flow of the game. I would have a problem if we are doing this in 5 years time with all the superstars and are 10 points clear in the league but we play the position we are in ffs. 

I absolutely love it. Been saying for years we need to develop a nasty side. In the Ashley era we had sides that barely knew how to win a sly free kick or eat a few seconds up. Weak as kittens. Opposition sense that and take advantage. 

With the finances we have now the shithousery is just another thing infuriating everyone. We’re not a weak touch anymore and they hate it. 

Should be a poll but I think it's gotten a little out of hand.

I'm fine with the existence of it, and use of it, and it is part of the game, etc etc but we're doing it every. single. time. and it just gets a bit much.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Feels like the big teams are finally starting to dread coming to St James park again, and it feels great.

When was the last time a top side played that defensively against us? I know Arsenal last season were awful at SJP but they didn’t play a game plan of being as defensive as Chelsea. They were basically playing in their first third for large stretches of the game due to our press and their inability to pass through us. Then, when they did manage to get through us, they committed almost no one because they were terrified of us. We absolutely bullied them 

Just now, gbandit said:

When was the last time a top side played that defensively against us? I know Arsenal last season were awful at SJP but they didn’t play a game plan of being as defensive as Chelsea. They were basically playing in their first third for large stretches of the game due to our press and their inability to pass through us. Then, when they did manage to get through us, they committed almost no one because they were terrified of us. We absolutely bullied them 

Yeah, it was hard to believe this was the same Chelsea who absolutely battered us in their first game under Tuchel. They looked terrified today.

12 minutes ago, Ben said:

Lascelles is such a hard nut, his yellow card and then running on the pitch at the end to " break up" the bother, great stuff

"My Captain, my captain" vibe about all that. 

Regardless of ability, and I question the level of disregard given to him, he's an absolute colossus for the squad. 

8 minutes ago, thomas said:

Should be a poll but I think it's gotten a little out of hand.

I'm fine with the existence of it, and use of it, and it is part of the game, etc etc but we're doing it every. single. time. and it just gets a bit much.

It only really started when they were gifted 7 minutes out of no where. Would love a poll to see the weirdos in our fanbase.