Our Shithousery

The Prophet

Love it right now, as we do need it due to lack of good options from the bench.

We cannot keep our pressing game going for 90 minutes. We dominated Chelsea until we got tired.

Edited by Aiston

I don't really understand the shithousery thing.

Do you mean, a bit of time wasting near the end of a match or rolling about after a hard tackle? Making the most of a foul and being certain you get it? The odd tactical foul or physical intimidation of players? Being in the ear of the referee the whole game so you're not a pushover?

There's a line with all of those things, and I don't think we've crossed it.

Making your case to the ref, for example, is a far cry from surrounding and physically bullying the ref like Man U used to do, with Ferguson screaming from the touchline, or has happened against us this season, like with send-him-off Klopp. But if that line isn't crossed, and I don't think we have crossed it, then none of that is shithousery in my book.

Blatant diving, cheating, pretending you've been elbowed in the face, or nasty off the ball fouls - that's my definition of shithousery, and I don't think we do much if any of that.

Probably the only example I can think of was Zouma getting meowed at, and that was both deserved and hilarious.

I think it get’s highlighted because Howe is such a nice, soft spoken guy who obviously wants to play good football. I really like the fact that he’s willing to use any means necessary to win. We’re still playing the likes of Longstaff, Murphy and Wood every week - people can’t expect us to play joga bonito all the time.

3 minutes ago, sixx said:

I think it get’s highlighted because Howe is such a nice, soft spoken guy who obviously wants to play good football. I really like the fact that he’s willing to use any means necessary to win. We’re still playing the likes of Longstaff, Murphy and Wood every week - people can’t expect us to play joga bonito all the time.

Think he's got a bit of a Christopher Waltz -Blofeld thing going on...all nice to the public but behind the scenes has chairs of death if the players don't perform

4 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Think he's got a bit of a Christopher Waltz -Blofeld thing going on...all nice to the public but behind the scenes has chairs of death if the players don't perform

So Mr Joelinton. As you are aware our organisation does not tolerate failure.

Joe: Please Mr Howe give me another chance...play me anywhere even midfield and I'll do better 

Howe: Do not fail me again Mr Joelinton

Stalling time when ball is out of play by taking long time getting off the pitch for subs, taking goal, free & corner kicks, faking injury etc I hope is either combated by stopping time or adding like for like to overtime.  Don't mind cynical fouls to break up play or going to the corner flag with the ball etc.

However, as long as it is allowed & others are just as bad doing it as we are we should continue doing it. 

We did fuck all wrong today. The referee had been helping Chelsea all game and Chelsea were still losing and totally out of the game until they got desperate and knew they could get away with anything, so went right into the refs face trying to force more out of him. Our players stood up for themselves. It’s about fucking time we did, and it’s about fucking time every other team outside of the top 6 stood up for themselves like we did. The referee made and instigated what happened tonight, and it’s been happening for years and years and years. I’m surprised the bloke never got punched. In fact my GF who has never watched football until tonight actually said the someone should pinch him. She saw the Chelsea players going down without even being touched, and a couple of hours later she even said ‘I hate Gallagher’.

Not a fan of it if I'm honest. I don't mind it to a certain degree but I think we are overdoing it a bit. 

The bit with Lascelles blocking the throw in was just cringe and I think red card worthy. 

No problem with it, for where we are in terms of our squad and what is still the early stages of a rebuild, I’m all for it. 

Frustrating when you are on the wrong end of it, but you utilise every tool at your disposal as history doesn’t remember the nice and pleasant also rans.  

We optimise opportunities to give players a break for sure, but I haven't seen a game under Howe yet where you could all us a blatant timewasting team, we're always looking to score under Howe, even if in the Liverpool game, goal was only conceded because Joe crossed instead of running to the corner

I don't think Howe is secretly a super disciplinarian behind the scenes, he's clearly no pushover at all and he has spoken that he isn't as 'nice' as he was when he started coaching probably having to deal with players taking advantage etc, but he has got everyone buying in completely. I would be surprised if he was having to lay down the law much, he spoke on that podcast about explaining very succintly and clearly that he expects very high level of effort from all the players. 

When we are winning of course it is easy to keep that up. He can point at results and say we are winning because you are doing this. It will be interesting to see what happens when we have a blip. 

One thing is though even pre takeover we have good characters in the team. Howe spoke about this too, that when he came in he worried that players may all think dont need coaching we all know what we do but said they were all open to help (all i am sure very fucking aware what 2 years of no coaching what doing). Lascelles, Ritchie, Shelvey all have demonstrated excellent character (Ritchie shoving bruce and still being undroppable will always endear me to him). Lascelles still being club captain despite being peripheral, Howe has made a point of how important the full team is and made sure to buy good characters. Trippier was brought in cos he has been under Simeone, he has spoken about wanting to possibly coach in future, he's clealry very smart and engaged and has high standards, is clearly Howe's general on pitch. 

All the other signings they all seem good eggs. It is crazy, surely some cracks will appear sometime...