Our Shithousery

The Prophet

Newcastle seriously don’t need to do all that time wasting shit. They’re acting like they don’t believe in this position and they’re just a plucky bottom half side doing alright but will fall away.

They’re a proper side now… just play football!

From BlueMoon

I don't like it, but for the meantime we need it. Until our squad is good enough to withstand end game pressure.

I’m a little confused by this thread (but also a little pissed) but what shithousery today?

My related memories of today were 

- Chelsea taking the piss and the ref falling for it most of the first half

- Lascelles being a nob on the touch line (whilst coaching the back 4 through the last mins due to Schars injury)

- Roughing up Havertz (had it coming)

- Over celebrating ‘in front of their fans’ (response to their reaction after the away game)

If I’ve missed stuff fair enough but there is a difference between shithousery and standing up for yourself and your team mates. Whether we like it or not we are gatecrashing and that might mean stepping on toes and being a little confrontational. Personally I’m delighted that we have a team/squad/manager who refuse to accept what others think we should be and are ready to define our own future.

Edited by geordie_b

Yeah personally I think our players just gave their all for 90+ mins but were out on their feet and with the ridiculous added time and then the equally ridiculous decisions the ref was making started losing their cools and getting abit desperate. The "time wasting" seemed like genuine injuries. I didn't think Chelsea had warranted a big enough threat for us to need to actively time waste.

In general for far too long we have been a soft touch, even under Rafa I felt we were too nice and in a utopian world that's the way to be

But that's not how football at the top level operates, you need that element of standing up for yourself and not just rolling over and having your bellies tickled. 

The one thing I've always liked about Joelinton is that he never took shit off anyone, sometimes it's resulted in silly cards but you know he can't be taken lightly.

I do think it's exaggerated in relation to today, especially time wasting. For the majority of the game we were on the front foot, creating chances and trying to score. Chelsea were happy to sit back and not commit too many players forward, which is what they are entitled to do so. I remember Mendy taking his time with a goal kick or two but there was no mention of time wasting then.

I think we definitely partook in some shithousing at the end but that's because it would have been a combination of the ref being shite as well as the 7 mins of time being added on.

12 minutes ago, huss9 said:

just dont want to get a reputation for it so that refs go out their way to fuck us over by adding extra minutes to injury time.

I did wonder if this was partly why 7 minutes were given. Obv the fact it was Chelsea is a factor. 

3 hours ago, huss9 said:

7 minutes given but sure we played at least 8.

Eight and a half. This is what I was saying. If we waste twenty seconds during stoppage time, it seems to result in the ref adding another full minute. 

I was four beers deep but didn't see where seven minutes came from to begin with.

From an entertainment standpoint, I liked it when they went to take corner when it was clearly a throw in, but the other wind up stuff I'm kind of ambivalent about. As a semi-separate issue, I think it's important to strongly claim for penalties and the like, and no doing so didn't help at Old Trafford. It makes it easy for refs to not give them.

The one lucky decision that sticks in my mind this season is Schar not getting a red card. Straight reds are a three-game ban, so I don't want to see the "spirited challenge" type of shithousery. We've got a good thing going and don't want to lose Bruno, Joelinton or someone just in act of seeing one game out.

I get really nervous when we do it in added time. It just makes the original added time longer and the flashback to what happened at Anfield would appear. I think probably we shouldnt do any in the added time. Get through it professionally without giving the ref reason to add even more time.

I turned off the telly vs Spurs for the final 2 minutes and also added time. We got through that well. Yesterday, I watched through it and I was a nervouse wreck.

I think its annoying as fuck. The refs are also clearly on to us so we dont really gain anything by it other than frustrating the opponent, which is something i guess. Still dont like it. I also havent noticed that "every top team does it". Dont think this game was our worst showing though

No idea where 7 minutes came from. The ref was expecting us to do everything at a 100 miles an hour after we scored. Willock got the hurry up leaving the pitch despite having jogged a bit already, Pope got booked very harshly imo.