Our Shithousery

The Prophet

Personally, I thought it was funny. 

If an opposition player did it to us... they'd be laughing and cheering. 

I'm in the mindset of fuck everyone that isn't us at the minute and if we're pissing people off, bonus. 

I think a little camp wave for a deserved and stupid sending off is less bad than a potentially ankle shattering challenge by that same player earlier on.

I remember when Keane got sent off and Shearer laughed at him. Even Keane admitted Shearer had got in his head.

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

Personally love it. 

Me too.

We were laughed at, derided and disrespected even when we were good little boys under Ashley and not a threat to anyone.

Fuck the lot of them

8 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

He did go to Atleti I believe.

He did. Told everyone it was for a “few days”. Yet he seems to have taken every bit of what they were/are good at and whacked it into this team, with just a handful of signings.

It's the literal embodiment of a great team with a perfect mentality. Every player fighting for every ball backing up their teammates at every opportunity.

Seeing Tripper talk and constantly motivate his other 3 defenders in the warmup is a part of this.

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

It's the literal embodiment of a great team with a perfect mentality. Every player fighting for every ball backing up their teammates at every opportunity.

Seeing Tripper talk and constantly motivate his other 3 defenders in the warmup is a part of this.

100 percent. Got to do what it takes, find the small margins. It’s the way 

It's all about being smart how you do it. Always has been. We've smartened up to what other fuckers are doing and are now doing it better than others. That, combined with the best work rate in the league and a bit of quality has opponents rattled.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I love it in general, just a couple of small things I thought went too far. Probably inevitable it will cross the line occasionally. 

Murphy could have mooned him off the pitch and I'd still have thought he was within reason. 

Finding it very hard to remain diplomatic tonight :lol:

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I like being ruthless and getting in people’s faces when necessary. Just think it goes a bit too far once the guy has already been sent off. 

It’s not like their player was particularly badly behaved in the game, he just got outplayed. 

He did push Bruno in the chest with both hands just as the ref was pulling out the cards to send him off.  Think that might have motivated Murphy's piss-taking.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Nah, he knew he wasn’t getting there but he went through anyway. You can maybe argue he couldn’t just let him past (our lads wouldn’t have either), but seemed like unnecessary force was involved 

Think Caleta-Car had every right to make that tackle on Almiron and it was not malicious at all. Almiron just got there first and was able to chip the ball past Caleta-Car.

1 hour ago, Mag_in_NZ said:

It gives me a laugh and I couldn’t care less what others think…..loved KK but with the togetherness and attitude this team has as a unit we win the league in ‘96

The ultimate example of nice guys finishing second.

Got a nice letter from UEFA for the way we played but the team full of c*nts got the trophies.

We’ve been soft touches for as long as I can remember (even under Keegan and Robson), not contesting decisions as much as the opposition.

Just because we’re biting back and not having our bellies tickled anymore (especially against the so-called ‘top 6’) people are fewming.

Fuck them.

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I like being ruthless and getting in people’s faces when necessary. Just think it goes a bit too far once the guy has already been sent off. 

It’s not like their player was particularly badly behaved in the game, he just got outplayed. 

I take the point but there's an assumption here that you can just turn it off. That's really difficult when you care about winning. The players go on the pitch with a certain mindset, which is effective, it's occasionally going to look a bit uncouth. As long as they're not deliberately hurting people/getting sent off I'm fine with it. Do what you need to do to win.

4 hours ago, Pata said:

Think Caleta-Car had every right to make that tackle on Almiron and it was not malicious at all. Almiron just got there first and was able to chip the ball past Caleta-Car.

Watched it back again and you’re probably right. It wasn’t quite as late as I thought, so you probably could give him the benefit of the doubt.

I’m all for a professional foul, and stretching out to trip a player is fine, but diving in side on like Caleta-Car did is risky. 

I find it pretty funny how they don’t even mention it on RedCafe but there’s 3-4 posts adamant Pope should have been sent off for winning a header he was never going to lose.