Our Shithousery

The Prophet

I want to know where this crap, defensive football tag has come from? We were lucky at Brighton and that's about it. We had a go at Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal and it was only when they started getting on top that we we shut up shop. We're not just going to give games away to keep the top clubs happy.

Palace at home we created chances and should have won, we created enough chances home to Leeds and Palace away to win by at least a couple but that was poor finishing rather than shite football.

We've got Isak back, ASM coming back and more than likely one forward thinking midfielder/winger to add in the next week. I think other fans are going to be in for a shock if they genuinely think that.

It’s just a coping mechanism.  So what if we were more defensive against Arsenal? We’re literally the only side to stop them winning at home in the league this season.  I’ll take that every day of the week versus not getting a point at all.

Just clowns only looking at the last few results.  We were scoring goals for fun before the Leeds game.

Even if you dug even a slight amount into the Palace/Leeds stats you would see that we’re attacking and creating chances, just that our finishing has turned to absolute shit.

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I want to know where this crap, defensive football tag has come from? We were lucky at Brighton and that's about it. We had a go at Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal and it was only when they started getting on top that we we shut up shop. We're not just going to give games away to keep the top clubs happy.

Palace at home we created chances and should have won, we created enough chances home to Leeds and Palace away to win by at least a couple but that was poor finishing rather than shite football.

We've got Isak back, ASM coming back and more than likely one forward thinking midfielder/winger to add in the next week. I think other fans are going to be in for a shock if they genuinely think that.

I just think it demonstrates how much the average football fan understands about each club. It was highlighted in probably our most watched game v Arsenal and caused the biggest uproar on social media when we dared do that at Anfield. Aside from that it hasn’t really been that much but incorrect opinions seem to spread like wildfire on social media where people watch 3min highlights clips and make a decision on a game. 

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I was just thinking that. E.g. we've scored more than ManU. I feel like it was the Arsenal game that did it, it being so high profile. Somehow being the only team to successfully keep a clean sheet at Arsenal and, unsurprisingly holding out and trying to run the clock down there, has led to this false impression.

40 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I want to know where this crap, defensive football tag has come from? ........ We're not just going to give games away to keep the top clubs happy.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good idea where it's come from to me. :lol:

50 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We’ve scored 1 more goal and have a higher overall xg than Man Utd iirc. So I’m not sure what the fuck it is they’re moaning about.

Winning shitloads more corners than every other team is also going to play a factor in the 'ball in play' stats as well. 60 more than Man U for example so 3 per game, about a minute and a half/2 minutes per game just there alone given its normally our right-back taking them? That's hardly down to 'shithousery', you have to attack to get corners.

8 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

There is just something about the way Big Joe loses his rag and comes storming in pushing people. (Tho I worry he'll get himself sent off)

I think he genuinely scares a lot of modern-day footballers. He's fucking scary.