Title - o - metre  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

This poll is closed to new votes

Our right-hand side is lethal. Trippier’s delivery from set pieces and open play, Bruno playing in Almiron down the right and Almiron absolutely rinsing defences with goals from distance and beating his man. When was the last time we had such a reliably potent attacking combo?

A key factor in our chase for Europe will be how we fare against the ‘big 6’ we are trying to overtake. 

so far it’s been good, 1 win, 2 draws and 1 (unfair) loss. 

chelsea to come in 2 weeks, on current form I fancy us to get 3 points from that at home. 

1 hour ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Nevermind top 7. Exile1968 still thinks we're in a relegation scrap :lol:

Screenshot_20221029_214727_com.android.chrome_edit_795275807116148.jpg

Quote impressive to manage jumping from denial to bargaining in the space of one post.

It's actually very comforting that come January, we will (hopefully barring injuries in the World Cup) have Isak, St Max and a possible 2 or 3 new signings (I think the owners will push the boat out with our current position).   This could be a massive opportunity for us, as some of the top 6 teams are certainly not performing to their usual level, and the fact they will all be playing 3 games a week most weeks will give us a further advantage. A full squad and a few quality signings will boost our squad and enable us to maintain our intensity. Exciting times ahead, obviously I'm not getting too far ahead as the 'big 6' teams do have undoubted quality and may well add to their squads also. 

50 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I don’t want to go too mad, but I’m seeing some striking parallels with the 01-02 season. 

Honestly think we are better than that team, but there was no big 6 back then. Spurs were a mess and City may have not even been in the league. 

We are more well drilled and defensively better than that team too although by comparison that team had more quality. 

Does anyone seriously think we'll just finish "in the top half?" :lol:

Great result yesterday, but nothing that hasn't been coming. Rewatch the Palace highlights and they are the same, just without the ball going in the net. We even hit the post twice against Bournemouth.

The fivethirtyeight supercomputer now has us three points of Champions League (four points off third) with a probabilty of 31% of getting in. If Brighton are going to help take points off people, it'll just get easier. All the stats have us solidly Top 4, but blah blah some people hate stats.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

5 hours ago, NWMag said:

A key factor in our chase for Europe will be how we fare against the ‘big 6’ we are trying to overtake. 

so far it’s been good, 1 win, 2 draws and 1 (unfair) loss. 

chelsea to come in 2 weeks, on current form I fancy us to get 3 points from that at home. 

The way Brighton tore them apart is promising. We can try and do the same thing, high pressing is the key once again to beating them. 

Surely people would now be disappointed with anything below 8th?

Playing as best we have played in 20 years, best defence in the league and only one 139th minute loss at Liverpool. 

4 PL games left this calendar year, would take 8pts from them if you offered now, but there's potential for more.

4 hours ago, et tu brute said:

It's actually very comforting that come January, we will (hopefully barring injuries in the World Cup) have Isak, St Max and a possible 2 or 3 new signings (I think the owners will push the boat out with our current position).   This could be a massive opportunity for us, as some of the top 6 teams are certainly not performing to their usual level, and the fact they will all be playing 3 games a week most weeks will give us a further advantage. A full squad and a few quality signings will boost our squad and enable us to maintain our intensity. Exciting times ahead, obviously I'm not getting too far ahead as the 'big 6' teams do have undoubted quality and may well add to their squads also. 

There is genuine potential for the WC to create a unique situation we can massively benefit from. There's an outside chance we could actually win the fucking league this year. 

On 28/10/2022 at 19:02, relámpago blanco said:

I could see us winning the Europa League if we had a bigger squad. If we were in Europe this season we would be fucked and finish midtable. I'd rather do well in the league for now so we can build the squad then take Europe when the squad is ready.  Unless we sign 6 or 7 players before the start of next season and we did get into Europe we would struggle with our squad 

Two in January, three in the summer and we’d be solid for the extra games. 

3 hours ago, Izakaya said:

There is genuine potential for the WC to create a unique situation we can massively benefit from. There's an outside chance we could actually win the fucking league this year. 

The fuck are you on about, win the league. 😂