57 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, wormy said:

Be lucky to stay top ten tbh. The ride is over. The dream is dead. Let's pack it up and go home.

Bump the relegationometer thread as I can’t see where we’re getting another six points from by the end of May

5 hours ago, buzza said:

Leeds came to shithouse and they succeeded.

A Maddison signing, or similar, is what we might need for those type of games.

Yeah totally agree, we've had Bournemouth twice and Palace twice doing the same thing. 

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

Don’t think it’s ever ‘too early’ for CL, you get bags of cash, play against the elite teams, attract the best players and also deny the opportunity to another English club

Opens up a much higher ceiling for commercial revenue, raises the international profile of the club…

Aye, fuck that.

I do agree that an incredibly fast progression is really challenging for a squad that still needs a major overhaul. If we were to get into a European spot then almost every player outside our first 11 isn’t up to the standard to be playing regularly against quality opposition. I still think Howe would get the absolute most out of them all though. However, CL is an absolute no-brainer over any other outcome even though we’d likely suffer in the CL for that season and struggle to match our league achievement and finish top 4 again

4 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Don’t think it’s ever ‘too early’ for CL, you get bags of cash, play against the elite teams, attract the best players and also deny the opportunity to another English club

This is a very valid point.

If, and its a big IF, we can afford to bolster the squad considerably whilst retaining our vigour then why not? 

One of the plusses this season would be seeing Spuds AND Chelsea fail to reach the CL. 

I've no yearning desire to experience NUFC in today's Champions League because I think it's the embodiment of a lot of what is hateful about the modern game, but if you're a club going places then there's no bad time to feature in it. 

CL, Europa or even the Conference League would all be class. Although the latter would seem a bit of a disappointment now. As we would really have to fall off form wise and start conceding a lot more goals. 

Brugge is my only Euro away day I’ve been to and I’d love to get some more in. 

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Don't think there's anything uniquely bad about the CL in that regard and it's by far where the best, most competitive and entertaining club football is played, particularly when it gets to the knockout stages.

It's a competition that belongs to the elite (which I use as a pejorative term in this context). 

Really the issue, for me, is that the prospect of CL qualification pricks an adjacent sensitivity I have about what type of club we have to be in order to be successful. I'm having trouble separating the idea of aspiring to be the best whilst not aspiring to be like rancid clubs like Man City and Chelsea. Being successful in the Europas as opposed to the Champions League therefore feels a lot more appealing to me. 

I can see the strength of my emotions towards the club peaking and troughing as we go through the years, for this reason. I was grateful for the World Cup break, like.  

Appreciate that I'll be in a tiny minority here. 

Under an Ashley or even a lot of other ownerships getting into the CL could be damaging but we are in a very different and unique situation 

The commercial revenue jumps massively by getting CL and I'd trust the owners to back Howe in the market.  

If we signed 2 decent players this window we could probably get away with about 4 in the summer (plus the addition of young prospects)

Any form of Europe would be class next season. 

10 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Yeah totally agree, we've had Bournemouth twice and Palace twice doing the same thing. 

Thinking about it - the way Tranmere kicked shit out of us then palace and Bournemouth playing the way they did in the cup, we’ve not had a a chance to play nice football yet in the cup.

I’d be happy with 7th place to be honest even from our lofty 3rd position, but I’d be disappointed if we didn’t go all out for a CL place and any club worth its salt would not deem playing in the top tier of elite football basically a step too far and nor should any fans of such club. Bring it on!

I think top six would be great. Top four would be absolutely incredible!

a few astute signings; quality CM, high class ACM and the return of Isak would elevate us from our current high level.

The new team at Nufc have this totally covered! My 100% backing on their decisions