Maximo Perrone

The Prophet

32 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Doesn’t seem like a particularly strong source reporting it tbh.

It's "velezfondo" who are reporting it. It's a velez (i assume) radio station with 12k twitter followers. That BOWOAWA twitter account with 800 followers is just tweeting what they've said.

I suppose if it's a local radio station there might be something in it.

Lots of fun playing the six degrees of separation game here if this transfer happens. Apart from Bassedas being a former Newcastle player, Gabriel Heinze (who made the "spectacular" remarks about Perrone in the tweet above) subsequently left Velez in 2020 to become the manager of Atlanta United....where he worked under Darren Eales for a spell. Contacts upon contacts. 

Edited by Emotic

9 hours ago, Jinky Jim said:

google it….Express and Sun have had reports of the transfer 2 weeks ago.

I was talking about that Tweet saying Bassedas has been in Newcastle already to meet our people. I know we've been linked but that'd have been a pretty significant event for them to miss.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Would love a transfer like this, I’d much rather our assault on the top end of the league be built organically with incredible scouting, Howe’s fantastic tactics, and our current crop of players showing their true abilities to show the football world we are building something special. 

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I was talking about that Tweet saying Bassedas has been in Newcastle already to meet our people. I know we've been linked but that'd have been a pretty significant event for them to miss.

That tweet seems to have watched the podcast about Velez and made their tweet from that. I'm not sure if any Spanish speakers on here, but around 8 minutes in they are discussing if Perrone is a done deal.