The Round of 16

6 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Bellingham and Kane aside I just don’t think our squad has looked particularly functional going forwards, which is weird as we’ve scored more goals than anyone else [emoji38]

England have been incisive when scoring,which they’ll need to be against the French.Against Senegal very little offensively came down the right,which I expected with Saka and Walker chosen to play on that side.I expect both players will be selected for the French game and both may be required to keep Mbappe in check.

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

Welcome to the club, motherfucker :lol: 

If Japan win our match goes from “eh, I hope we don’t embarrass ourselves” to the biggest must-win in the history of Korean football. Would be chuffed if I were you. Pressure will kill us.

Just now, oldtype said:

Guarantees some form of riot in two separate countries. Brazil, and whoever loses the QF.

If I was a neutral I think a Brazil v Argentina semi would be more exciting.

12 minutes ago, oldtype said:

If Japan win our match goes from “eh, I hope we don’t embarrass ourselves” to the biggest must-win in the history of Korean football. Would be chuffed if I were you. Pressure will kill us.

So is this a big rivalry that has been cultivated in the last twenty years? Like did it not exist to this extent when the two nations co-hosted the World Cup?

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

So is this a big rivalry that has been cultivated in the last twenty years? Like did it not exist to this extent when the two nations co-hosted the World Cup?

Think it may have started a bit earlier.

They didn’t play each other in that competition. It would be the first time they’ve played each other in a competition like this (I think). 

Two historical and current rivals outside of football with the prize being at a minimum the best ever WC performance for an Asian side?