The Round of 16

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

How can you not know Flip by the way? :lol: Were you not here every time Brazil played?

I meant in the general sense, I have no idea who anyone on the board is, other than a sense of a person from a collection of posts

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I meant in the general sense, I have no idea who anyone on the board is, other than a sense of a person from a collection of posts

Don't go by posts. Anyone reading mine might think I'm a cunt when, in fact, I'm actually a cunt 

5 hours ago, gbandit said:

It was a reference to how you both back your own players (in your case Brazil and in Froggy’s case Man U) and decisions for and against your teams to an excessive degree at times. I also have no idea who you are

I was being quite critical of our team last night, but the fact no South Korean player even argued against the penalty says it all (I guess that is what you are refering). Clear as a day IMO.  Would’ve been the same had it been another team. 

Roy Keane was having a moan about the Brazilians being disrespectful to Korea with their silly dances, and while I don't think that was their intention, it did still look a bit daft.

Guys I know it's Brazil, and this is just what they do, but still seems like they are celebrating a bit prematurely. Maybe it's a bit more sour now that Paqueta is a West Ham player, the fraud.

20 minutes ago, TRon said:

Roy Keane was having a moan about the Brazilians being disrespectful to Korea with their silly dances, and while I don't think that was their intention, it did still look a bit daft.

Guys I know it's Brazil, and this is just what they do, but still seems like they are celebrating a bit prematurely. Maybe it's a bit more sour now that Paqueta is a West Ham player, the fraud.

Wait til you see bruno and big joy knocking the shapes out at Hillsborough in a month

What I will say about Brazil though is that Raphinha and Richarlison appear to be in the form of their lives. Vinicius is amazing too. They are incredible going forward but it will be interesting to see them up against a good attacking team 

Casemiro was fantastic, again.

Don't get the Neymar/Rodrygo comparisons. I’ve never seen Rodrygo display that sprinkle of magic dust the way Neymar has. Neymar used to have it in bucketloads but even now, there’s plenty of latent, almost magical balance, awareness and velvet ball control  that is so rare. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

You guys are fucking miserable :lol: You lot were singing it’s coming home from the quarter-finals and everyone found it fun. Are you only supposed to celebrate a goal after winning the World Cup? Oh the hypocrisy...

As for Roy Keane, he destroyed a footballing career with a tackle. That’s disrespectful. Not celebrating a goal. However, I do think his opinions are only for show as a pundit, but anyone agreeing with him as someone neutral/not in a professional sense is an idiot. 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

Casemiro was fantastic, again.

Don't get the Neymar/Rodrygo comparisons. I’ve never seen Rodrygo display that sprinkle of magic dust the way Neymar has. Neymar used to have it in bucketloads but even now, there’s plenty of latent, almost magical balance, awareness and velvet ball control  that is so rare. 

Vini has that magic dust, or soon will. Think working under Ancelotti has done him wonders. Bet Benzema has also given him a ruthless side to his game. Vini will be the successor to Neymar. He’s unreal. 

The dancing was great. Look at all the other miserable setups we’ve seen fall out from the World Cup, the team bond that Tite has created with all of those personalities is something else. 

Edited by Kanji

19 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Vini has that magic dust, or soon will. Think working under Ancelotti has done him wonders. Bet Benzema has also given him a ruthless side to his game. Vini will be the successor to Neymar. He’s unreal. 

The dancing was great. Look at all the other miserable setups we’ve seen fall out from the World Cup, the team bond that Tite has created with all of those personalities is something else. 

Enjoy it while you can you’re going out next round 

If I could play like them, earn what they earn, I’d be dancing and crotch thrusting from one end of the pitch to the other.

Love when the boomers of punditry get upset at something so meaningless. Screams cringe more than celebrating a beat down.

Edited by The Bonk

A prolonged dancing celebration after every one of 4 goals in 30 minutes against a team clearly massively inferior in every sense, who have given you no needle whatsoever before or during the game to justify it? 

It was cuntish and disrespectful like, without a doubt. Soz Flip. I do like your posts generally :lol:

18 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

A prolonged dancing celebration after every one of 4 goals in 30 minutes against a team clearly massively inferior in every sense, who have given you no needle whatsoever before or during the game to justify it? 

It was cuntish and disrespectful like, without a doubt. Soz Flip. I do like your posts generally :lol:

You are misinformed, that’s why.:aww: 

The story behind the prolonged dancing is that Vini did a dance after a Real Madrid goal and Spanish fans began calling him a monkey and making racist chants against him. Brazilian players supported him and said they’ll dance after every goal in the WC. It wasn’t disrespectful towards anypne, in fact, it’s the other way around. Grealish wasn’t being a cunt towards Iran when he made the dance. 

So much to be angry and disappointed about in life and society, and some decide that a goal celebration is one of them. :lol: 

Edited by Flip

31 minutes ago, Flip said:

You are misinformed, that’s why.:aww: 

The story behind the prolonged dancing is that Vini did a dance after a Real Madrid goal and Spanish fans began calling him a monkey and making racist chants against him. Brazilian players supported him and said they’ll dance after every goal in the WC. It wasn’t disrespectful towards anypne, in fact, it’s the other way around. Grealish wasn’t being a cunt towards Iran when he made the dance. 

So much to be angry and disappointed about in life and society, and some decide that a goal celebration is one of them. :lol: 

Hating on celebrations/team ones/dancing in American sports is 99% done by the super conservative menatalists who say shit like "act like you've been there before"

No real skin in the game, I don't have any issue with exaggerated dancing as a celebration and definitely more important stuff to be getting bothered about but the fact Brazil did big extended celebrations after every single goal when going up 4-0 inside the first 40 mins against relative minnows did seem to be leaning a bit too heavy on the bravado for me