The Round of 16

So disrespectful. Nobody should ever celebrate a goal as its disrespectful. Pick the ball out of the net and walk back to the centre circle in silence is the right way to go about things. Unless picking the ball out of the net is also seen as disrespectful? [emoji38]

Let people enjoy themselves ffs.

1 hour ago, Eveready said:

Bit weird to get angry over people dancing but that 'dancing' was also a bit weird.  I like the African dances and I love most of Brazilian culture, but whatever they were doing last was a bit cringey at the least.

This is my point. It's one thing to dance, but to do it as badly as Paqueta with his stupid head rolling and being a West Ham cunt is really not on.

3 hours ago, Flip said:

As for Roy Keane, he destroyed a footballing career with a tackle. That’s disrespectful. Not celebrating a goal. However, I do think his opinions are only for show as a pundit, but anyone agreeing with him as someone neutral/not in a professional sense is an idiot. 

Keane ending Haalands career is a myth. He finished the rest of the game after Keane was sent off, played later that week for Norway and started Man City's next fixture. He retired due to an injury on the other knee which was giving him grief before Keane got anywhere near him

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Keane ending Haalands career is a myth. He finished the rest of the game after Keane was sent off, played later that week for Norway and started Man City's next fixture. He retired due to an injury on the other knee which was giving him grief before Keane got anywhere near him

Actually didn’t know that :thup: Either way, that tackle was more disrespectful.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Did Hartson just say Ziyech isn;t comfortable on his left foot and would have prefered to strike it with his right? :lol:

Yep. Reminded me of Alex Hurst. Who used to constantly say ASM and Joelinton were left footed. 

1 hour ago, Flip said:

You are misinformed, that’s why.:aww: 

The story behind the prolonged dancing is that Vini did a dance after a Real Madrid goal and Spanish fans began calling him a monkey and making racist chants against him. Brazilian players supported him and said they’ll dance after every goal in the WC. It wasn’t disrespectful towards anypne, in fact, it’s the other way around. Grealish wasn’t being a cunt towards Iran when he made the dance. 

So much to be angry and disappointed about in life and society, and some decide that a goal celebration is one of them. :lol: 

We should all be supporting the dancing. Its a protest against racist cunts. 

1 hour ago, Flip said:

The story behind the prolonged dancing is that Vini did a dance after a Real Madrid goal and Spanish fans began calling him a monkey and making racist chants against him. Brazilian players supported him and said they’ll dance after every goal in the WC. It wasn’t disrespectful towards anypne, in fact, it’s the other way around. Grealish wasn’t being a cunt towards Iran when he made the dance. 

So much to be angry and disappointed about in life and society, and some decide that a goal celebration is one of them. :lol: 

It wasn't "a dance" as part of celebrating a goal that was the piss taking.

After one of the goals they celebrated and danced. Half the team went back and the the remaining half started a new dance.  :lol: Another goal same thing - celebrated & danced - fine. Then ran to the bench to start ANOTHER dance. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It wasn't "a dance" as part of celebrating a goal that was the piss taking.

After one of the goals they celebrated and danced. Half the team went back and the the remaining half started a new dance.  :lol: Another goal same thing - celebrated & danced - fine. Then ran to the bench to start ANOTHER dance. :lol: 

Read my previous post (the one you quoted). Only ones being disrespected were the spanish racist cunts as my friend Branko put it.

Edited by Flip

2 hours ago, Flip said:

I didn't know the back story, thanks for that. Justifies it somewhat but I agree with this basically:

1 hour ago, Dandy Man said:

No real skin in the game, I don't have any issue with exaggerated dancing as a celebration and definitely more important stuff to be getting bothered about but the fact Brazil did big extended celebrations after every single goal when going up 4-0 inside the first 40 mins against relative minnows did seem to be leaning a bit too heavy on the bravado for me

Felt like needlessly rubbing Korea's face in it after every goal, this is clearly a divisive topic though :lol:

25 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I'm back to hating Spain again. There's no worse kind of football than death by a thousands cuts.

Not been that overly impressed with them this tournament. Yes they hit 7 in their first game, but since then they've not really had much of a cutting edge. Their football isn't that decisive.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not been that overly impressed with them this tournament. Yes they hit 7 in their first game, but since then they've not really had much of a cutting edge. Their football isn't that decisive.

Were good against Germany tbf. But seems like they’re defending with possession rather than attacking tonight.