The Quarter Finals: Croatia, Argentina, Morocco, and France through

Just now, joeyt said:

Was it you who made up the cous cous nonce joke regarding Saiss that seemed to be repeated everywhere as gospel? :lol:

:lol: no I definitely didn't make that up but I did instantly love the insult and the idea it was actually said. Repeated it constantly. 

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

There’s no reason not to punish players that dive like Fernandes did there.

He could have easily got a clear shot on goal there and possibly scored. He's such a weirdo. Fetish for being fouled or something.

Just now, Shak said:

Has diving stopped being a bookable offence?

If there's no pen there then surely it's a dive by Fernandes?

Antony one yesterday was clear as day, ref clearly saw it as a dive yet no booking?

Pretty much yeah, no idea why.

3 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

:lol: no I definitely didn't make that up but I did instantly love the insult and the idea it was actually said. Repeated it constantly. 

Was sure it was someone on here who made it up. Smells of a Disco jibe

Edited by joeyt

Just now, Pata said:

Pretty much yeah, no idea why.

Seems a step in the wrong direction.

Should be a straight red IMO, especially with VAR there to (theoretically) stop someone being sent off wrongly for it.

I am wondering if European clubs will start to consider Walid Regragui. Not sure what will happen in the second half and the rest of their World cup journey, but this Morocco team is so well drilled. Their forwards press. When they get the ball they attack in numbers. First 45 minutes, they have shut down the Portugal midfield and forced them to resort to long balls. In some way, this team reminds me of a Rafa Benitez team which manages to identify the opposition strength and neutralizes them. Irrespective of the outcome of this game, impressive tactical performance. 

Edited by rgk_lfc

1 minute ago, rgk_lfc said:

I am wondering if European clubs will start to consider Walid Regragui. Not sure what will happen in the second half and the rest of their World cup journey, but this Morocco team is so well drilled. Their forwards press. When they get the ball they attack in defense. First 45 minutes, they have shut down the Portugal midfield and forced them to resort to long balls. In some way, this team reminds me of a Rafa Benitez team which manages to identify the opposition strength and neutralizes them. Irrespective of the outcome of this game, impressive tactical performance. 

Looks a fantastic manager. His record since he took over for them is almost silly.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Whats the joke?

That Shelvey called Saiss a cous cous nonce. I always assumed it was a joke and Shelvey wasn't funny or clever enough to think of that in the moment

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:
5 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

I am wondering if European clubs will start to consider Walid Regragui. Not sure what will happen in the second half and the rest of their World cup journey, but this Morocco team is so well drilled. Their forwards press. When they get the ball they attack in defense. First 45 minutes, they have shut down the Portugal midfield and forced them to resort to long balls. In some way, this team reminds me of a Rafa Benitez team which manages to identify the opposition strength and neutralizes them. Irrespective of the outcome of this game, impressive tactical performance. 

Looks a fantastic manager. His record since he took over for them is almost silly.

He’s won the African Champs League too so not a flash in the pan.