The Quarter Finals: Croatia, Argentina, Morocco, and France through

Used to hate the likes of Mourinho and van Gaal because they’re arrogant and the style of football their teams play sucks as well. But, I’ve grown fond of them lately, there’s a certain charm to these characters in a world of football that is turning more robotic for each day. 

29 minutes ago, Flip said:

Used to hate the likes of Mourinho and van Gaal because they’re arrogant and the style of football their teams play sucks as well. But, I’ve grown fond of them lately, there’s a certain charm to these characters in a world of football that is turning more robotic for each day. 

Not sure you can compare the two. Van Gaal can be arrogant but I don't think he has ever been as nasty, petty or disrespectful like Mourinho. Entertaining personality and all that but Mourinho does it as he likes to be the center of attention every where he goes.

Friday December 9
Croatia vs. Brazil - 3pm
Netherlands vs. Argentina - 7pm

Saturday December 10
Morocco vs. Portugal - 3pm

England vs. France - 7pm

My predictions.

Would like the very opposite to happen. 

Think England are doomed anyway. We'll struggle against France and I think we're very evenly matched against a strong Portugal team. Likely to meet Brazil if we did scrape through to the final too. Its not coming home like. :lol:

Edited by Doctor Zaius

38 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

@Flip I’ve always felt they developed that persona as a way to take the pressure off of the players and more on themselves as manager. Let the circus focus on them so the players can be mentally sound entering the pitch.

Most definitely, think even Mourinho has said so publicly.

10 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Not sure you can compare the two. Van Gaal can be arrogant but I don't think he has ever been as nasty, petty or disrespectful like Mourinho. Entertaining personality and all that but Mourinho does it as he likes to be the center of attention every where he goes.

Always treated Brazilian players badly :pilko: 

1 hour ago, rgk_lfc said:

Tbf, he was the centre of attention everywhere he went, you could swallow the arrogance when he was steamrollering everyone with that Chelsea side. The managerial equivalent of Ronaldo I suppose.

Cant get my head around why Argentina are like 4/1 and Holland 16/1 to win the tournament, based on what I have seen from both teams is nothing to separate them , its a 50/50 game. Argies have Messi but Holland have Van Gaal.

I really just can't see Brazil losing to Croatia, they've looked pretty uninspiring this whole tournament to be honest, and as much as i'd like Brazil to get knocked out (Only so Bruno is back training with the lads before Bournemouth) I just can't see it happening, they look imperious.

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

Will your lads have a dance after their consolation goal, @Flip

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Flip said:

Probably not.

:lol: :lol: that's the real tragedy with Dancegate, lack of new Samba.

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

I really just can't see Brazil losing to Croatia, they've looked pretty uninspiring this whole tournament to be honest, and as much as i'd like Brazil to get knocked out (Only so Bruno is back training with the lads before Bournemouth) I just can't see it happening, they look imperious.

I think it's Brazil's tournament to lose and I hope this is the kiss of death for someone else to win it *cough* Messi *cough*.